+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

My friend and I spent about an hour today speculating and thinking of possible scenarios for the 7th book. We came up with some pretty interesting theories. She also told me something very interesting about a discussion her mom had with a librarian. This librarian has read all the books numerous times, and is positive that she's figured out what will happen in the 7th book, and how it will end (she didn't say what exactly, since she didn't want to ruin it). What I found more interesting, though, is that she said that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what she thinks happens in the last book can be figured out by reading the first chapter of the first book. I found this fascinating and read the first chapter and now have some new theories.
    That didn't really have anything to do with the plot of the book, but I still think it warrants spoiler tags for people that don't want to know that particular bit of information.
    Last edited by hot_chocolate; 02-11-2007 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Figured out how to use spoiler tags
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I cant wait! I cant wait! I cant wait! I cant wait until this comes out!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

It appeared in our library's system today and I'm number 2 in line! If it is like past issues, I should get it the first day.

The best part: When my 14-year old son comes home from school, he'll call me "The best mom in the world!!!"

I still maintain that Rowling is a short sighted selfish witch if she kills off primary figures to protect her product, that along with I don't believe it'll make any difference.

Unless she bestow's the literary rights to the Harry Potter series to a foundation or the like prohibited from allowing additions to the series after Rowling is past the point of arguing about that or any other earthly matter, I expect that eventually Harry Potter will be resurrected from the great beyond if there appears to be a market willing to subsidize his return through book purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2247216;
    I still maintain that Rowling is a short sighted selfish witch if she kills off primary figures to protect her product, that along with I don't believe it'll make any difference.

Unless she bestow's the literary rights to the Harry Potter series to a foundation or the like prohibited from allowing additions to the series after Rowling is past the point of arguing about that or any other earthly matter, I expect that eventually Harry Potter will be resurrected from the great beyond if there appears to be a market willing to subsidize his return through book purchases.
    Gosh I hope not. Then we might get stuck with something like Scarlett, the sequel to Gone with the Wind.

I am totally ok with JKR ending the series as long as she does not compromise the integrity of any of the characters to close things up nice and neat.

CCL
    Well, JK Rowling created Harry Potter and his world, so ultimately she should be the one who decides what happens with the characters etc. in the future, whether that means having them show up in subsequent books or not at all. I don't think I'd want to read a story about Harry etc written by another author; it wouldn't be the same. Anyhow, I highly doubt that she would kill off Harry or any other major character specifically so noone could write another story with him as the protagonist in the future.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2253452;
    Well, JK Rowling created Harry Potter and his world, so ultimately she should be the one who decides what happens with the characters etc. in the future, whether that means having them show up in subsequent books or not at all. I don't think I'd want to read a story about Harry etc written by another author; it wouldn't be the same. Anyhow, I highly doubt that she would kill off Harry or any other major character specifically so noone could write another story with him as the protagonist in the future.
    Simply because she would want to make sure no one else can write about him.. no. Kill him off because thats how she sees it ending, with out a doubt!

As you said, it's her world to do with what she wishes... Shes said form Day one that she doesn't have to keep him alive.. or Ron, Snape, etc.. its her story, if Harry has to die in the end.. because thats how she sees it.. so be it. I'd really rather she didn't but I guess I have to wait till later this year to know for sure.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I'd be surprised if Potter's death or that of another primary character or all wasn't incorporated into the story in a manner that was pertinent to the story; nevertheless, if it does occur I'll be viewing it as involving destructive insurance of questionable effect in some potential future.

Some continuations bite, some excel, such as the duo writing team Frank Herbert's son is half of expanding the Dune universe. No way of projecting how another might approach Potter; even different isn't a given negative.

She has the obvious right to do whatever she will with her creation, I'm primarily doubting the once and for all effectiveness coupled with killing off Potter, for example. Heck, Potter's main nemesis provides enough clues as to how difficult is is to snuff a powerful wizard without him cropping up again.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2255558;
    I'd be surprised if Potter's death or that of another primary character or all wasn't incorporated into the story in a manner that was pertinent to the story; nevertheless, if it does occur I'll be viewing it as involving destructive insurance of questionable effect in some potential future.

Some continuations bite, some excel, such as the duo writing team Frank Herbert's son is half of expanding the Dune universe. No way of projecting how another might approach Potter; even different isn't a given negative.

She has the obvious right to do whatever she will with her creation, I'm primarily doubting the once and for all effectiveness coupled with killing off Potter, for example. Heck, Potter's main nemesis provides enough clues as to how difficult is is to snuff a powerful wizard without him cropping up again.
    Give her some credit... she hasn't killed anyone off for no reason yet... and I refuse to believe she would take any "easy" way out. She has spent 15 years of her life planning and writting Harry... she wouldn't comprimise her own masterpeice.

What's not to credit?

She tells a capable compelling tale, I've no reason for anticipating that she'll go all sloppy in the end of her Potter series in the manner or story rationale for the demise of a primary character or two.

I just state based on comments either quoted from her or attributed to her previously that if a couple of primary characters get snuffed in the final book of the series, it'll be for more reasons than the story in hand.

+ Reply to Thread