+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Kao

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Spoose:

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think so, because Harry is a descendent of Ignatius, the brother smart enough to choose the cloak and not the wand or Stone. Most of his descendents generally ended up being Gryffindor. Voldemort's family line was the brother who chose the Resurrection Stone and they generally ended up Slytherin. And the third brother's line died out so no one to pass it on to, and due to the nature of the Elder Wand ended up being passed on to many people.

Going into pure speculation zone now, but that might also be the reason why Voldemort choose Harry over Neville as the one that the prophecy spoke of. Even though the family names had changed (as proven by the Gaunts) maybe the family relation was something that he sensed on a certain level.
    Last edited by Kao; 07-22-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Kao

Btw: LOVED the Malfoy parents in this book:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Still selfish, but at the end of the day she just didn't give a damn anymore. She just wanted to see if her son was alive (and probably wanted Voldermort gone too at this point), probably thought that Harry was her best bet, so she lied to Voldemort about Harry's *status* so they could get into Hogwarts and she could search for him.

The point where Hogwarts had virtually gone to hell and Lucius is running around desperately screaming for his wife and child made me bawl. The Malfoys might had been really unpleasant people, but at the end of the day they actually LOVED each other. Contrast that with Bellatrix.

FORT Newbie

Hello.. I love it!

to the site, Oriani! Nice to have you here, and feel free to jump right in!

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2485591;
    I agree Archie. Spoiler alert. Avoid unless you have finished the book.

Click to see Spoiler:
    In the epilogue chapter they talk about Teddy (Lupin & Tonks son), snogging with their cousin Victoire. I wondered if she was George's daughter. I feel she tied up most of the story lines but not Georges.
    "
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Victoire is Bill and Fleur's daughter
    " highlight in between the quotes if you want to know. Sorry can't figure out the spoiler thingy.

I finished the book around 1:00 a.m. last night. I loved it. I cried a couple of times. Can't believe it's over.
    Last edited by Amanda; 07-22-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Just adding the spoiler tags for you :)

I was afraid to come into this thread before I finished. LOVED it! I will have to reread it again to really enjoy it, as I was nervous the whole time wondering who might not survive. I thought the action moved quickly and the whole thing was suspenseful.

Sad it's over, though. I feel like we've all been like kids being told a bedtime story that lasted years, and now we've finally heard the end.

Click to see Spoiler:
    ETA: I'd have liked to hear what happened to the Dursleys.
    Last edited by Lucy; 07-22-2007 at 07:48 PM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

CCL

I thought it was a thrilling read.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm so glad the core three survived. And I missed Hogwarts so I was glad the ending was set there; it was quite fitting. The only thing that disappointed me was the epilogue. I felt it was too much about the new batch of kids, rather than the old batch. It was nice to know that Hermione and Ron & Ginny and Harry ended up together. But I would have liked to know what they were doing now, career-wise. We know Neville ended up teaching at Hogwarts, but what of Luna? And I'd have liked to have heard about the rest of the Weasleys.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree, CCL.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I also found, in the epilogue, all the names to be confusing. I would also have liked more of a sense of what was going on in the wizarding world; it was so focused on the three, but I thought it could have used a couple of more of those underground radio shows to tell what was going on elsewhere.
    Last edited by Lucy; 07-22-2007 at 07:54 PM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Normally, I finish the books in about 24 hours, but I've had a houseful of people the last few days and have had to sneak in reading time when I can. I'm only half way through and I am enjoying it thoroughly. Maybe I'm not reading faster because subconciously I don't want it to end.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2485870;
    Normally, I finish the books in about 24 hours, but I've had a houseful of people the last few days and have had to sneak in reading time when I can. I'm only half way through and I am enjoying it thoroughly. Maybe I'm not reading faster because subconciously I don't want it to end.
    That's exactly why it took me a bit longer than normal to read, Katgib! Every second chapter or so I would get up, wander around and try to predict what was going to happen. I wasn't very successful!

I have another question for anyone who is finished:

Click to see Spoiler:
    What was with the "naked, child like figure" flapping and mewling near Harry and Dumbledore in the "dream" chapter? It bothered Harry quite a bit at the beginning, then he never noticed it any more. What was THAT supposed to represent?
    Don't let the small things sweat

+ Reply to Thread