+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Thank you! You're a peach
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2484870;
    Just finished a few minutes ago. I read the first five chapters when I got home from Borders and finished the rest this morning.

I cried out loud too many times to remember, but I think that JK did an amazing job with this book. She finished the series wonderfully.

But I do have one question...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I saw no traces of someone that never used magic before using it in this book. Can anyone help me?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think that the reason is that the quote was from several years ago and JK Rowling just changed her mind or something, I feel like I heard that in an interview somewhere!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I agree, i found nothing of the sort as well.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

It's a good read.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2484727;
    Yes and Daniel has been signed to finish it out
    Yes, all 3 were signed for the last book, including Bellatrix (Helena Bonham Carter) a favorite actress of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by kristin626;2485120;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think that the reason is that the quote was from several years ago and JK Rowling just changed her mind or something, I feel like I heard that in an interview somewhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2485149;
    I agree, i found nothing of the sort as well.
    Thank you both. It was driving me crazy.

I haven't read all the way through yet but I was disappointed that (do not read if you haven't gotten through the entire book yet!)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    George wasn't in the epilogue. Perhaps he could have been there with a family and a son named Fred to honor his brother. For someone to lose a twin and then not get any more mention seems a bit careless to me. I guess that's where Hollywood can take over and add in a scene since they like to do that anyway.

I agree Archie. Spoiler alert. Avoid unless you have finished the book.

Click to see Spoiler:
    In the epilogue chapter they talk about Teddy (Lupin & Tonks son), snogging with their cousin Victoire. I wondered if she was George's daughter. I feel she tied up most of the story lines but not Georges.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

OK, I just finished as well.....and maybe my feeling of disappointment is because this fabulous series is finally at an end....

Anyway, I did enjoy the book, many loose ends were tied up. But here's a question I have that came up in this book: Do not read if you haven't finished the book!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Were Harry and Voldemort related? Voldemort's family said they had the ring (the stone of resurrection) because they were related to Perevell...and it's also revealed that Harry is a descendent as well! Were they distantly connected?

I also felt that the epilogue could have tied in more of our beloved characters. I am so glad that the trio survived, but I had been preparing myself for the worst and the resulting carnage was much milder than I had dreamed up!

ETA: I read the book straight through without reading the last few pages/words before hand. Incredibly proud of myself for that!

ETA (again): OK, I may be double and triple posting until someone else finishes and is willing to talk about it! I still have some unanswered questions!
    Last edited by Spoose; 07-22-2007 at 02:53 PM.
    Don't let the small things sweat

I finished about 4am last night. It was a fitting end, I thought, but it seemed to ramble on with no purpose at times in the middle. I wasn't disappointed, though, and found it good overall.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread