+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

My 12 yo and 10yo took turns reading it through the night....12 yo is 1/2 way done and now sleeping and now 10 yo has taken over. I haven't rad any of the books, but they just love them.

I did sneak in and read the last page....since they told me not to!!!

So, I know how it ends, but don't know any of the "middle" stuff.....

Happy reading, everyone!

My MIL will be in London this weekend so I put in a request for her to get me a copy of the UK edition of the last book. I told her not to go out of her way but if she saw it then to get it for me. I really hope she gets it! I should have asked for the entire series but she already left and I don't know if she'll be checking email. Plus, I don't know how much it would cost to get them all and I don't want to put her out even if I will be paying her back. I can probably get the others on ebay if they don't cost an arm and a leg.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Yes and Daniel has been signed to finish it out
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I don't know if this is considered bad form, but I'm going to ask anyways . I'm not an avid fan. I like all the movies, but haven't read the final 6 books. What I was wondering was, what happens at the end? If someone would like to spoiler tag it, I would be very much appreciative. I don't think I can wait 2 years for the movie .

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2484804;
    I don't know if this is considered bad form, but I'm going to ask anyways . I'm not an avid fan. I like all the movies, but haven't read the final 6 books. What I was wondering was, what happens at the end? If someone would like to spoiler tag it, I would be very much appreciative. I don't think I can wait 2 years for the movie .

I sent you a message...

Firewoman, I know what you mean! I cried during that part, too! I'm sure I'll cry some more. I'm only on page 110 and so much has already happened! Jeez!

Just finished a few minutes ago. I read the first five chapters when I got home from Borders and finished the rest this morning.

I cried out loud too many times to remember, but I think that JK did an amazing job with this book. She finished the series wonderfully.

But I do have one question...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I saw no traces of someone that never used magic before using it in this book. Can anyone help me?

My FIL sent me an article that the books have pretty much sold out in London so I may not get my UK copy after all

Did you try Amazon UK? That is where I ordered mine and I got my confirmation email that both are on their way yesterday.

My book was just delivered to me at work I can't wait to get home and start! Unfortunately, I didn't have time re-read book #6 and I know I've forgotten some things. Does anyone know of a site that has a Cliff's Notes version of it so I can refresh my memory before starting book 7? Preferably, it would be a site that is spoiler free for book 7. I want to avoid all spoilers so I'm kind of afraid to go searching around for the info myself. I'm just not sure which sites have a zero spoiler policy, especially since the book has been released.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical,

Wikipedia has a good summary, I'm going to PM it to you as a cut and paste in case someone updates it with TDH spoilers
    Last edited by Jamie5632; 07-21-2007 at 07:00 PM.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread