+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc;2184716;
    I tried to play the game and couldn't get the door open. :o(

toothdoc
    ToothDoc, you have to use your mouse to highlight the spoiler. Can't wait for the book to come out.

I can't wait! I wonder what the difference is between a children's version and an adult version, though?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2223466;
    I can't wait! I wonder what the difference is between a children's version and an adult version, though?
    In the adult version, Harry Potter strips down to his underwear.

And that just appears to be in the British editions. I wonder which the US editions are?

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2223367;
    I think I'll see if I can get a mod to change the title of this thread.
    Done!

Please remember to use spoiler tags when discussing the plot of the book.

Toothdoc - I couldn't get that door to open either. I tried several different ways (and in a few different browsers) to get to that point and I still couldn't get it to work. Was anyone able to open the door?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2223535;
    Done!

Please remember to use spoiler tags when discussing the plot of the book.

Toothdoc - I couldn't get that door to open either. I tried several different ways (and in a few different browsers) to get to that point and I still couldn't get it to work. Was anyone able to open the door?
    Thanks, Critical!!

I was able to open the door......but not without help. My 14-year old son found step-by-step instructions on the mugglenet website.

eta: I see that the "Do Not Disturb" sign is back up on the door so I won't bother to post the instructions.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Veejer, what was behind the door? BTW, I just put my hold request in at my local library and I was 34th on the list. Yeah!! They wouldn't allow any holds until the publish date was released. It'll probably be up to 500 requests by next week.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fanatic
    I think it's just the covers so adults won't be embarrassed to be seen reading a "children's book" I always buy the children's versions so my set will match - the adult versions weren't yet available when I bought the first book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2223756;
    Veejer, what was behind the door? BTW, I just put my hold request in at my local library and I was 34th on the list. Yeah!! They wouldn't allow any holds until the publish date was released. It'll probably be up to 500 requests by next week.
    It was a game of Hangman. You had to correctly guess the right letters for "Deathly Hallows". I meant to go back and guess wrong to see if the hangman would swing, like Fred's and George's.

My library system is all online and they don't allow hold requests until the book information has been entered and at least one ordered. My library, one of the bigger ones in the system, is notoriously late at entering their info, but it is hooked up to a bunch of small systems throughout the state. Usually some library in Podunk City puts it online months ahead (so soon) and I put my reserve in for any copy. Fortunately, then my library gives their copies to their patrons first. Last time I was in the 60s in the whole system, but first for our library. They had a party during the evening and then allowed checkouts at 12:01am. My son was only allowed to read one chapter before he went to bed. He was done by noon.

Needless to say, I am checking the library catalog multiple times a day.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2223469;
    In the adult version, Harry Potter strips down to his underwear.

You can see that with out the book in London production of Equus. Not sure the pics are FORT safe, lol. I have a link if you wanna PM me Hes really grown up if i say so myself... and a lot of Potter fans are upset over this.

The "Adult Version" has more grown-up art work on the cover and, well yeah thats pretty much it. You are able to order them on line, because as mentioned i think they are only in the UK.

I guess its for the people in the world who dont think they are ready to admit they are over the age of 16 and read Harry Potter

I myself can't care less, but some of the Adult Covers are nice but there is a charm in the normal ole kiddie ones.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread