+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

awww... I think the tshirts are cute! Aren't men just over grown boys? I'm excited, but sad this is the last book, sniff..
    Tahoe bound....

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2435647;

I can't wait for this book to come out, so I'm going to be prepared...not going to certain sites for about a week before the release and wearing my iPod on the way to Borders, while I'm in line, and back to the parking lot because people are stupid.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    That was my first thought, but the dragon looks too old to be Norbert... plus being the dork that I am I have Fantastic beasts and where to find them and the dragon on the cover best fits the description of the Antipodian(?) Opaleye dragon

You are completely safe visiting JKRowling . com and The Leaky Cauldron... other then that visit at your own risk. But both Leaky and JKRs sites have put up very very strict no spoiler policy!
    "We're going to have to watch that again" - John Locke

FORT Newbie

I can't wait for it to come out, I here a main character dies. :0

***threadjack***

I wonder if Gordon Brown, the new British Prime Minister, received a surprise visitor today?

***end threadjack***

We're excited at the veejer house. The library's having a party starting at 10:30 and reserved books will be checked out at 12:01. I'm at the top of the reserve list.

My 14 year old son is going to stay up and read it, then put it outside the door of my 17 year old daughter. I'll probably get it Sunday.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2453685;
    ***threadjack***

I wonder if Gordon Brown, the new British Prime Minister, received a surprise visitor today?

***end threadjack***
    Nice one, veejer!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2453685;
    ***threadjack***

***end threadjack***

We're excited at the veejer house. The library's having a party starting at 10:30 and reserved books will be checked out at 12:01. I'm at the top of the reserve list.

My 14 year old son is going to stay up and read it, then put it outside the door of my 17 year old daughter. I'll probably get it Sunday.
    I nominate this for post of the week! Good one! I'll be at the bookstore at 12:01 elbowing little nine-year-olds out of the way for my copy. Sink or swim kiddies, sink or swim!!

Oh you know someone would just have to stage that visit ... !!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I started reading one of the harry potters before, and I just hated it, so I never tried to read another.

FORT Fogey

I am going to boot camp July 24th. I can't decide if I want to buy the book and read it the days before... or party before I leave. SIgh!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2458790;
    I started reading one of the harry potters before, and I just hated it, so I never tried to read another.
    I forced myself to read 2 of her books. I love the movies and have watched them over and over again, but the books suck.

Rowling is a terrible writer. I give her credit for creating the "Harry Potter World", but her writing itself is convoluted and her character development is poor to say the least. She wrote Harry as a product of his unfortunate upbringing which made his character only barely distinguishable from Draco. Daniel and the director of the first movie were smart enough to realize that Harry needed to be portrayed as a boy who against the odds rose above his unfortunate upbringing and became a sweet, caring boy that the audience could embrace and love. Dumbledor was another mess. The first actor played him as a wise, caring, brilliant leader. The second actor played him as written - a goofball that was difficult to respect and who in "Goblet" has a complete personality change to dark and brooding.

I will not read this new book, but I look forward to the movie.

+ Reply to Thread