+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened by O.J. Simpson

Writing about his ex-wifes murder, even if he didn't do it is just plain sick.

Star, I couldn't have said it any better. It's the most appalling thing I've ever heard. I can't imagine what her family is going through hearing this right now.

Remember when OJ said he was going to spend every waking minute searching for the killer? Or when he made a videotape of how he couldn't have been the killer (which he sold for profit)? He's the type of guy who can't stand not being in the spotlight. With the double jeopardy laws, this gives him another 5 - 10 minutes in the limelight. The even scarier thing is that there is no shortage of women lining up to sleep in his bed at night.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

OJ on FOX TV

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2143553;
    Just for the sake of argument, we'll say that O.J. did NOT kill his wife. It would STILL be a vile, disgusting thing to write a book about how he would have done it. I mean, this was a woman that he was once married to and fathered children with. A woman that slept next to him every night. If he didn't kill her, I think it would almost be more chilling that he'd be capable of writing such a book. Everyone involved needs to hope they've stocked up on good karma, because they just sold their souls to the devil, as far as I'm concerned.

Star, I totally agree. But it gets worse.

O.J. Simpson to Tell FOX How He Would Have Killed Slain Wife Nicole

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,229504,00.html

Simpson, who was acquitted of the crimes in a 1994 criminal trial, agreed to an "unrestricted" interview with book publisher Judith Regan. The two-part interview, titled "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened," will air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29.

Why in the 5th level of Hell would this man go on national TV, and pander this trash? Because he needs money? Give me a break! His NFL Pension is 25,000 a month, that is 300,000 dollars a year! Boo FUGGIN Hoo if he cant live on that.

The sheer fact that he would write a "fictional" account of how he "might" have murdered his wife and Rod Goldman is utterly disgusting, plus outrageously disrespectful to his children. How do you explain to your child, that you want to imagine HOW you could have killed your spouse and gotten away? Why didn't he write the book, "I DIDN'T KILL MY WIFE"?

Remembering the media and public hysteria that ensued around this trial only reminds me that this isn't a wound that needs the scab torn off again.

OJ needs to thank GOD for his acquittal, go somewhere quiet and have a nice steaming cup of shut the hell up.
    Last edited by Sepialove; 11-16-2006 at 08:43 AM. Reason: forgot to add news story
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2143083;
    Shame on Regan Books, Fox and Fox News for devoting so much coverage to this.
    That damn Rupert Murdoch. News Corp. owns the whole lot of them...Fox, HarperCollins, Fox News.

As Stargazer pointed out, this book & interview would be disgusting even if OJ didn't commit the murders. Putting out a book 12 years later of how he may have killed them just wipes away even his sorry attempt to cling to a facade of innocence.

FORT Fogey
    Larry King had Ron Goldman's father and sister on last night to talk about this, and they were outstanding. It wouldn't surprise me if CNN re-runs it this weekend - it was that good. I think that Kim Goldman summed up OJ better than anyone else could - he is a narcissist who would rather be in constant spotlight for being a murderer than to not be in the spotlight at all.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I hope people avoid the book and the interview. I certainly will.

Ugg. What is there even to say about this? People have often talked about how OJ seems to be smirking over the whole "getting away with murder" thing, but this is ten times worse.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Lawyers Move To Seize Funds From Simpson Book Deal

Lawyers move to seize funds from Simpson book deal
    By Steve Gorman Thu Nov 16, 10:21 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Lawyers for the father of the man killed along with O.J. Simpson's ex-wife said on Thursday they were taking action to seize any money Simpson was paid for a new book in which he pictures himself at the scene of the murders.

The lawyers for Fred Goldman, father of Ron Goldman, say any compensation the former football star earns for his book "If I Did It" is subject to collection under the civil judgment won by the Goldman family in its wrongful death suit against Simpson in 1997. Simpson has always maintained his innocence and was acquitted of criminal charges in the case.

"You can say we're taking efforts to execute under judgment for any funds due to him from the publisher," said Peter Csato, one of several Los Angeles-based attorneys representing Ron Goldman's estate and his father.

Csato declined comment on what measures they were taking and said it was not known how much or how Simpson was paid.

But he and two other Goldman lawyers reached by Reuters on Thursday -- Peter Gelblum and Steve Foster -- said it was likely any compensation Simpson earned was received by a third party or was being held in trust for him.

"If he's making money off (the book), then Fred Goldman is entitled to it and we'll try to get it," Gelblum said. "We're making every effort to look into it and figure it out and try to get the money."

A California jury in 1995 found Simpson not guilty of murder in the June 1994 stabbing deaths of his former wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, a friend of hers who had gone to her house to return a pair of glasses she left at a restaurant.

But a civil court jury in February 1997 found Simpson liable for their deaths and ordered him to pay $33.5 million in damages to the families of the victims.

Lawyers for Goldman's parents have vowed they would attempt to garnish any of Simpson's future earnings to satisfy the award. Simpson has sworn never to voluntarily pay the judgment.

Simpson made headlines again this week when the Fox television network revealed plans to air an interview later this month in which he talks about how he would have carried out the double slaying if he were the one responsible.

Simultaneously, it was announced that Simpson presents a hypothetical account of the murders in his book, which is to be published on November 30 by the HarperCollins imprint of ReganBooks, whose founder, Judith Regan, conducted the Fox interview.

Both HarperCollins and Fox are units of media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.

The book deal and upcoming TV interview drew a firestorm of criticism from members of the publishing community as well as media commentators and relatives of the victims.

While no financial details of Simpson's publishing arrangement were disclosed, unconfirmed media reports put the value of the deal at about $3.5 million.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061117/...m/simpson_dc_1

Judith Regan, the publisher, speaks out HERE. I suppose I can accept and understand her position, but still. The television interview I will never support.

I wonder how she'll feel if the above article is true... that his money is going to be held by a third party so no one will be able to claim it. Any confidence that his children will get it?

NEW YORK (AP) -- Under a barrage of criticism, Judith Regan says she published O.J. Simpson's book "If I Did It" because she was a victim of domestic violence and thought the proceeds would go to Simpson's children.

In an eight-page statement released Friday, Regan said Simpson approached her with the idea for the book, in which he hypothesizes how he would have committed the killings of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

"I didn't know what to expect when I got the call that the killer wanted to confess," Regan said in the statement titled "Why I Did It." "But I knew one thing. I wanted the confession for my own selfish reasons and for the symbolism of that act. For me, it was personal."

Although Regan has acknowledged that Simpson does not directly say he killed the pair, she said she considers the book to be his confession.

"My son is now 25 years old, my daughter 15," said Regan's statement. "I wanted them, and everyone else, to have a chance to see that there are consequences to grievous acts. ... And I wanted, as so many victims do, to hear him say, 'I did it and I am sorry."'

"I didn't know if he would," she wrote. "But I wanted to try. I wanted his confession."

Regan said she did not pay Simpson for the book. "I contracted through a third party who owns the rights, and I was told the money would go to his children. That much I could live with."

"What I wanted was closure, not money," she wrote.

Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of murder in the 1994 slayings after a highly charged trial. The former National Football League star was later found liable in a wrongful-death suit filed by the Goldman family but has failed to pay the $33.5 million judgment.

Regan said the book was a way to undo the "criminal injustice system" that let her own abuser go free.

She said she was abused while in her 20s by a man "who could charm anyone" and with whom she had a child. "And then he knocked me out, with a blow to my head and sent me to the hospital," she said. She said police initially didn't believe her story.

"I made the decision to publish this book, and to sit face to face with the killer, because I wanted him, and the men who broke my heart and your hearts, to tell the truth, to confess their sins, to do penance and to amend their lives," she said.

"If I Did It," published by ReganBooks -- an imprint to HarperCollins -- is scheduled for release November 30. Fox is airing a two-part TV interview of Simpson on November 27 and 29. HarperCollins and Fox are owned by News Corp.

After word of the book emerged, Regan wrote, she's watched as the media "have all but called for my death for publishing his book and for interviewing him."

"To publish does not mean 'to endorse'; it means 'to make public,"' she said.

"If you doubt that, ask the mainstream publishers who keep Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' in print to this day. ... There is historical value in such work ... for anyone who wants to gain insight into the mind of a sociopath."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast