+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Books to travel with

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Books to travel with

I will be going out of town soon and I am completely lost as to what book I should take on the flight with me. I am a big fan of historical fiction, classic adventure literature, and Gregory Maquire. The Three Musketeers and The Scarlet Pimpernel are two of my favorite books, but I want to find something new to add to my collection and I can't find anything that is grabbing my interests.

What books do you like to travel with?
    Have any of you ever used the book program where you can buy a book at one airport and return it at another and get your money back?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I would recommend Sinclair Lewis' Dodsworth. It's actually about a couple travelling through Europe in the twenties and is entirely engrossing. The two people I have managed to force to read it (nobody seems to enjoy the classics these days), one being Mr. Rattus and one being the hospitalized patriarch of one of Canada's most influential families, both agreed that it may be the best book they had ever read. In my opinion, it is the best book I have ever read.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks. I enjoyed Main Street and Arrowsmith, although the main character in Arrowsmith annoyed me. My mother has a collection of books by Lewis. I will have to see is she has this one.

Would I know the Canadian patriarch?

+ Reply to Thread