+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost and Found - uses a TAR type show as the backdrop

FORT Newbie

Lost and Found - uses a TAR type show as the backdrop

I ordered Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316156388/102-6845720-1388945?ie=UTF8 after reading about it in TIME magazine. The title refers to a fictional reality show that sends its contestants around the world to solve clues and collect items.

I'm only a teeny way in and have already been hit by zingers that signal this is not necesarilly a fun adventure novel but rather what looks like yet another book about relationships, self-examination and discovery etc. At any rate, I'm enjoying it so far and I'll keep reading it because of the reality-show premise!

Let me know if anyone else is reading this.
    Last edited by John; 08-25-2006 at 07:11 PM.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I tried to read it. I got to the 5th chapter and then just skipped to the last one to see who won. I found it annoying that each chapter was from a different character's POV.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I read it too. I found the character's back stories a bit too contrived at times, but I also thought that the book caught my attention. I probably read it too fast just to see how the reality show played out and so my appreciation for the other aspects of the novel suffered. All in all, it was a good beach read!

I wrote about this book in the "What Are You Reading?" thread when I'd read it...rather than rewrite it, here's the link:

What are you reading?

pg--just got done reading "My Ox Is Broken!"--an unauthorized non-fiction look at the first 9 seasons of TAR, definitely worth looking into if you're a TAR fan--seattle

+ Reply to Thread