Questionnaire about reading habits
I have way too much time on my hands right now, having just turned in the final paper of the semester, so I thought I'd create a little questionnaire about books and reading habits. It would be great if all my fellow bibliophiles would take the time to answer. I already know quite a lot about your reading habits, but do I know what you like to munch on while turning pages? Do I know where you prefer to read? Whether you're a sweatpants and t-shirt kind of reader or prefer to look stylish? No, but I'd like to. :biglove
Without further ado, I give you THE ultimate questionnaire about one of our favourite pastimes when the monitors are off.
1. How old were you when you learned how to read?
2. Were you a big reader growing up?
3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid?
4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?)
5. Top 5 favourite authors.
6. Top 5 favourite books.
7. Where do you prefer to read?
8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice?
9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. :lol) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish?
10. On average, how many books do you read a month?
11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library?
12. Paperback or hardcover?
13. At what point do you give up on a book?
14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.)
15. Best reading-related memory?
16. Worst reading-related memory?
17. What was the last book(s) you bought?
18. What was the last book you checked out from the library?
19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading?
20. Are you a fast or slow reader?
21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time?
22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all?
23. What's the longest you've gone without reading?
24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know)