+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Questionnaire about reading habits

Re: Questionnaire about reading habits

1. How old were you when you learned how to read?
    4 years old
    2. Were you a big reader growing up?
    Yes I have been reading nonstop since I was able to read
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid?
    I have always loved mysteries and the Trixie Belden books I still have the whole series
    4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have
    I love Fiction more than anything. Romantic Suspense, Mystery, FBI & Navy Seal thrillers
    a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?)My soft spot is a good old fashoned bodice ripper
    5. Top 5 favourite authors.
    Suzanne Brockmann
    Janet Evanovich
    Karen Robards
    Elizabeth Lowell
    Nora Roberts

6. Top 5 favourite books.
    Maggy's child, Promises & Lies,Bait,Breaking Point and dark of night
    7. Where do you prefer to read?
    On my sofa with my favorite throw covering me up
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? YesIf so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? a bag of popcorn and a lemonade
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? sweats
    10. On average, how many books do you read a month? 8
    11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? I should own stock in Borders and Barnes & Noble. I also get them on Amazon
    12. Paperback or hardcover? My favorite Authors Always in Hardback.
    13. At what point do you give up on a book?If I am not sucked into by page 3
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) Google Books allows you to read excerpts of all types of books and authors
    15. Best reading-related memory? All of them
    16. Worst reading-related memory? None if I'm reading I'm happy
    17. What was the last book(s) you bought? The last Street Novel by Omar Tyree
    18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? Can't remember
    19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? too many to count
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? Speedy
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? No
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? I go through phases but generally I am always reading something
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? 1 day
    24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) I read because it brings me joy
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie

I love questionnaires! ^^

Don't know.

YES! ^^

Not that I can think of.

4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?)
    I love fiction! All I read for pleasure is fiction. ^^

I don't choose favorite authors and I don't pay attention to the author much.

Too many I can't list!

Somewhere quiet, mainly on my bed in my room.

8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice?
    I drink and eat snacks sometimes while I read. Any kind of drinks and mainly small snacks like chips or candy^^

9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pajamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish?
    Whatever I'm wearing at the moment. Why would I dress up to read? That's really silly.

10. On average, how many books do you read a month?
    4-6. Depends on if the books are good or not.

11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library?
    I like borrowing it from the library. I read a lot and I would be broke if I buy books.

12. Paperback or hardcover?
    Doesn't matter.

13. At what point do you give up on a book?
    When I don't like it.

14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.)
    Browse through library.

15. Best reading-related memory?
    Reading past bed time^^

16. Worst reading-related memory?
    Reading something that I absolutely hated but must b/c of school

17. What was the last book(s) you bought?
    Like a year ago, I bought New Moon and Eclipse.

18. What was the last book you checked out from the library?
    Lord of the Flies

19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading?
    When I have time, I usually go to school for most of the day and doing homework.

20. Are you a fast or slow reader?
    Depends on what I'm reading.

21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time?
    All the time!

22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all?
    The latter.

23. What's the longest you've gone without reading?
    Hehe, reading a book? Like three months (the school summer break) ^^

24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know)
    It's like watching TV or a movie, it's entertaining.

FORT Fan

1. How old were you when you learned how to read? Kindergarten (5?)
    2. Were you a big reader growing up? HUGE
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? The Lord of the Flies and a few "issue" books - Best Little Girl in the World (anorexia), Don't Hurt Laurie (child abuse), Grandpa and Me (alzheimers)
    4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?)
    mostly fiction, and my favorite is mysteries, although I can go for a good romance or horror as well
    JK Rowling, Boris Pasternak, Stephen King, CS Lewis, Mary Higgins Clark
    All Harry Potter books, The Lord of the Flies, Anna Karenina, The Thorn Birds, The Clan of the Cave Bear
    7. Where do you prefer to read? curled up on the couch, in bed, or in the bathtub
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? whatever's around and easy to eat with one hand
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? whatever I have on
    10. On average, how many books do you read a month? it varies a lot
    11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? usually the library, but sometimes I buy or borrow from friends
    12. Paperback or hardcover? either
    13. At what point do you give up on a book? I used to never give up, but now if I'm bored with it after a few chapters, I put it aside. It's not worth it.
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) random choices from the library, facebook surveys, books my kids are reading
    15. Best reading-related memory? All of them
    16. Worst reading-related memory? ??
    17. What was the last book(s) you bought? Can't remember
    18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? A Good Yarn, by Debbie Macomber
    19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? 10?
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? medium
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? I try not to
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? sometimes life gets in the way
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? don't know
    24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) escape and relaxation, and occasionally for knowledge

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

1. How old were you when you learned how to read? I don't think I've ever been told. I do remember always being at storytime at the library as a little bitty kid. I even remember my reader lady's name: Miss Barbara; I think she was albino.
    2. Were you a big reader growing up? More like 'moderate'.
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? Grimm's Fairy Tales.
    4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) Some fiction, some non-fiction, autobiographies (always like to hear people tell their own story), Never romance or sci-fi. Hardly any self-help junk.
    5. Top 5 favourite authors. Cannot name.
    6. Top 2 favourite books. Life After Life (got me through a difficult period), The Help.
    7. Where do you prefer to read? Anywhere and everywhere.
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? Not really...water, if anything.
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? Whatever I have on at the moment.
    10. On average, how many books do you read a month? 1-2.
    11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? Hate to borrow, or be asked. Love the library, Amazon, and Overstock.
    12. Paperback or hardcover? Hard!
    13. At what point do you give up on a book? When it becomes obvious that we are not bonding.
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) Television shows, word of mouth.
    15. Best reading-related memory? Getting my first Nancy Drew mystery. The smell of the library and bookstores.
    16. Worst reading-related memory? Those stupid passages you had to read for standardize tests that were as dry as dust and boring as hell. It was only 1 paragraph, and I had trouble getting through them. Stick needles in my eyes!!
    17. What was the last book(s) you bought? The Help.
    18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? Cane River.
    19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? Varies, until I am seriously hooked.
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? A relaxing medium.
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? Never.
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? I do hit my dry spells.
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? A couple of months, maybe.
    24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) To relax and escape and learn new words!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

1. How old were you when you learned how to read? Probably kindergarten, but it wasn't until the end of first grade that I became a huge reader
    2. Were you a big reader growing up? In elementary school, yes. I used to read at the lunch/dinner tables. Once middle school rolled around, less so.
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? Not really. I had favorites though.

4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) Travel writing, non-fiction, WWII military history, chick lit, some fiction
    5. Top 5 favourite authors. Peter Mayle, and after that I'm not sure.
    6. Top 2 favourite books. A Year in Provence, and I seem to re-read Band of Brothers more often than any other book, so probably that one.
    7. Where do you prefer to read? Well, if I had my way, in warm weather on or near a body of water (on our boat, or on a beach chair, or on a floating lounger-- I managed to sunburn myself reading book six of Harry Potter). But I'll read anywhere. I frequently read on the subway.
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? No
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? Per question 7, a bathing suit. Otherwise, whatever I have on, so frequently work clothes or PJs.
    10. On average, how many books do you read a month? If I'm not really reading much, 0-1. If I am, 3-6 depending on length and ease.
    11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? Barnes and Noble-- free same day delivery!
    12. Paperback or hardcover? Paperback, they're lighter
    13. At what point do you give up on a book? It varies.
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) I wander into Barnes and Noble and browse their display tables. Recs from friends are good as well.
    15. Best reading-related memory? There are many, but I'll go with reading A Year in Provence for the first time, while my family was traveling in Provence.
    16. Worst reading-related memory? A Tale of Two Cities for 10th grade English ranks as one of the most excruciating reading exercises of all time-- especially the quote identification test we had to take. Not only didn't I know who said x to whom in what situation and so on, I DIDN'T CARE.
    17. What was the last book(s) you bought? Lonely Planet's Ecuador and the Galapagos, Provence A-Z by Peter Mayle, and three GMAT books (on Sunday)
    18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? It's been about two years but I think it was Pledged, by Alexandra Robbins
    19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? Depends if I'm in a big reading phase or not. And if I get sucked into a book, I won't stop until I finish. Reading in bed isn't the best activity for me, because I will stay up until all hours of the night.
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? Fast... whenever we bought books to take on vacation, my mom used to take them away until we left because otherwise I'd be done with them before we left.
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? Yes.
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? Yes, I go through phases.
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? A few months. But that's books. I read articles and such every day.
    24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) It's relaxing, it passes time during my commute nicely, etc
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 01-05-2010 at 07:25 PM.

I don't actually remember but I know it was before I started school...so somewhere in that 0-5 year range

Absolutely! I was basically a reading bandit, my mom would catch me staying up WAY past my bedtime with a flashlight under the covers devouring any material I could get my hands on...it's too bad I didn't have any cool black & white striped PJs.

The Witch of Blackbird Pond, Those damn Sweet Valley High Twins (I managed to invest all of my allowance in this really LARGE series), & The Wizard of Oz (yes, I got my little hands on that one when I was 8 or 9 and thought "what the heck is going on in this Oz?"

4. Favourite genres?

I'm a big fan of fiction and I have joined the vampire, werewolf and all things supernatural craze!

This is super hard because I read a lot of different stuff. If I stick to my current genre I can say:

Jeaniene Frost
    Charlaine Harris
    Patricia Briggs
    Kelley Armstrong

The Night Huntress Series (particularly Destined for an Early Grave & Halfway to the Grave)
    Sookie Stackhouse Series (particularly books 2-5)
    The Sword of Truth Series (Faith of the Fallen is one of my all-time favorites)
    Gone With the Wind

Usually stretched out somewhere, normally my bed!

8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice?

I don't necessarily associate reading with any food but lately I have found myself eating random cups of soup at night while struggling to balance the mug and keep the book open (warning, this is quite a precarious situation, especially when a spoon is involved).

9. What do you typically wear when you read?

Old tank tops and shorts.

Averaging about 8-13

11. How do you get hold of the books?

I used to order from Amazon and then my husband made me go to the public library. I don't know what my deal was before but I realized that these people give you any book you want for free! It's spectacular really.

I prefer paperback because I can bend it to my liking.

My conditions are:
    1) If I'm asleep within 20 minutes, it's a goner.
    2) If Im still kicking but bored out of mind, its on a return trip back to its home at the library immediately.
    (There are too many good books to read and not enough time!)

14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.)

I use Amazon mostly, between the ability to structure my searches and the wizarding suggestion tool I am good to go!

I remember laughing OUT LOUD and just being chipper over amusing passages in a few books. One was when Sookie Stackhouse was pondering over who taught Vampire Bill how to drive a car (she decided on Henry Ford). There have been a few of these instances over the years (I mean I really found this stuff amusing!) and I still smirk when I think of them!

My jolly butt found a copy of Jaws at the beach cabin we were staying at one year and decided it would be good fun to read a beach novel at the beach! Needless to say my adventures in the water were over for that week (and the entire summer, for that matter).

Magic Burns, Nightwalker and Dead in the Family (and I reserved this "Stiff" (Cadaver) book a forter suggested earlier).

The Witching Hour, Tempted, Dragon Bones and Devoured.

A lot. Probably 2-4 hours/day.

Fast. Yet another reason to love the library (otherwise I'd be so poor!).

Absolutely. Although I love it when I get so addicted to a book that I finish it in one sitting or refuse to touch anything else until I have completed the story.

22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all?

I would die of boredom if I didn't have books to read.

Maybe like 2 days?

It makes me happy.

FORT Regular

. How old were you when you learned how to read? not sure, between 4 and 5
    2. Were you a big reader growing up? Absolutely. The day the school book club orders came in I was always completely loaded down and couldn't wait to get home and dig in.
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? So many. I think I had most of the Little House series memorized (including the obscure ones.) Loved A Wrinkle in Time and anything by Beverly Cleary.
    4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) I'm a romantic, so those are my favorites, especially anything historical. I also like supernatural/fantasy but I'm not a fan of the Twilight series.
    5. Top 5 favourite authors. JK Rowling, Jane Austen, Nora Roberts, Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn
    6. Top 5 favourite books. I've read the Harry Potter series too many times to count. Pride and Prejudice is another favorite.
    7. Where do you prefer to read? Anywhere. I usually have a book with me.
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? Don't really eat when I read as a rule. If I'm hungry, I'll have whatever I'm in the mood for. But drink of choice would be hot tea.
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? Depends where I am.
    10. On average, how many books do you read a month? No idea. About 10?
    11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? I need to own, so bookstore or Amazon usually. I can't do the library...I forget to return them and pay more in fines than the book costs.
    12. Paperback or hardcover? Generally paperback, but if it is something I know I will reread I will splurge on the hardcover.
    13. At what point do you give up on a book? Rarely ever, even if I don't like it, I have to know how it ends.
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) Amazon recommendations, friends
    15. Best reading-related memory? So many. As a kid, having a stack of books ready to read on summer vacation (often while hiding in my favorite tree). As an adult, going to the final Harry Potter book release party with my nieces, coming home and reading, laughing, crying and cheering all night long.
    16. Worst reading-related memory? Not possible to have a bad memory associated with a book in my opinion
    17. What was the last book(s) you bought? I tend to buy a few at a time. I think it was The Necromancer.
    18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? See above. I was famous in high school for funding the school library through my fines.
    19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? Depends on the week.
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? Fast, but when I reread, I force myself to slow down.
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? Occasionally, but not too often.
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? Fairly constant, but when I am actively writing (anything) I read a little less.
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? A day or two at most.
    24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) To enter a different world, to experience life from a different perspective

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

1. How old were you when you learned how to read? I was 8 before I learned to read with fluidity.
    2. Were you a big reader growing up? Yes. In our home, if you were reading you would not be disturbed (as in being asked to do impromptu chores). I read the entire set of Junior Great Books by 7th grade.
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? Heidi, Little Women, Little Men, The Jungle Book, Anne of Green Gables, Pilgrims Progress, The Sword and the Stone
    4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) History, historical fiction, science fiction, social commentary
    5. Top 5 favourite authors. Geoffrey Eugenides, Isaac Asimov, John F. Kennedy, Anne Rice, Annie Dillard
    6. Top 2 favourite books. Middlesex (Eugenides), An Open Heart (the Dalai Lama)
    7. Where do you prefer to read? Supine, on a divan or sofa. Also in the bathroom, on the porch or deck in good weather. In bed. Wherever.
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? No
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? Nothing elaborate or stylish. Pjís, shorts/jeans, whatever Iím wearing.
    10. On average, how many books do you read a month? About 3, depending on their length.
    11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? All of the above. In my family we pass on our favorite reads to each other; I buy online or at Borders.
    12. Paperback or hardcover? Paperback if available. Hardcover if not.
    13. At what point do you give up on a book? I never give up on one totally. It took me 15 years, on and off, to read ďAncient EveningsĒ (Norman Mailer).
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) I try to read every Pulitzer winner, and scan the NY Times bestseller lists. Also, their Sunday book reviews.
    16. Worst reading-related memory? Latin: The Gallic Wars
    17. What was the last book(s) you bought? Under the Dome (Stephen King) and Freedom: A Novel (Jonathan Franzen).
    18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? Beloved (Toni Morrison)
    19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? Roughly 5
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? Totally depends on the book
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? Yes. Frequently.
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? Iím a Constant.
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? Iíve never been without a ďreadĒ since I was 8.
    24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) Someone once said that you lose yourself in fiction, but you find yourself in literature. Personally, Iím addicted to both.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Fort Member

My mother taught me to read before I started school so I must have been about 4

Spent my whole childhood buried in a book or in front of the TV. My mother would buy me an Enid Blighton or Nancy Drew book every week. I am sure this is the reason I am the only one in my family who needed glasses when she was 8 years old

Everyone I read I think

Fiction, dont like non fiction at all as I dont like to know how it ends. Mystery, crime, thrillers and sci fi mostly but will occassionally read a comedy or romance just to cheer me up

Harlen Corbin
    Charlaine Harris
    Jonathon Kellerman
    PD James
    Bill Bryson

Impossible to name

Either in a cafe with a pot of tea. on my balcony with my feet up and a scotch or in bed before i go to sleep, I can not sleep unless I have read a page or two first

As above a pot of tea (Irish Breakfast preferably) or a scotch and coke, just one or i end up reading the same page several times over

9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish?
    Casual wear or PJs

4 to 6 at the moment but probably 2 under normal conditions

11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library?
    Buy them, either new or second hand

Doesn't matter

If after a couple of chapters I am not caring about who did it or why then I will most likely skip to the back or flick read it

I visit a book shop at least once a week, looking for new authors to try or new books by favs

Discovering that Chocolate and Cheese go really well together (Many years gao I was staying with a friend who had a huge stack of Mills and Boons left by her mother, so i decided to read some of them to fill in time, in one the heronine was held hostage by the brutish hero who asked her what she wanted as a last meal and she told him frest baked crusty bread, sharp cheese and bitter chocolate, being young and adverterous I tried choclate and cheese and from that moment on whenever i have guests and do a cheese platter i include dark chocolate on it)

Gorky Park
    Hated the book, just could not get into it but when they announced they were making it into a movie I cjust could not believe it, it was so boring and bad and horrible to read but then several years later I felt the same way about The Davinci Code

Pushing Bluebonnets by Leann Sweeney

My Darling My Hamburger 25 years ago from my school library

Recently reloacted to Singapore for my husbands work and I have yet to find a job myself so I have more hours than usual to read so probably 15-20 but normally 8-10

Fast

Yes, Sometimes I have one book in my handbag to read on public transport or if i stop for lunch somewhere and another by my bed to read at night

Constant

2 days

Escapism, pure and utter escapism

1. How old were you when you learned how to read? 6
    2. Were you a big reader growing up? yes
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? Dr.Seuss, A Wrinkle in Time
    4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) Fiction-mystery
    5. Top 5 favourite authors. Janet Evanovich, Diane Mott Davidson, Sue Grafton, Lee Child, Tami Hoag
    6. Top 5 favourite books. Rebecca, Jane Eyre, The Peacegiver, The Maid,
    7. Where do you prefer to read? in bed
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? no
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? comfortable clothes
    10. On average, how many books do you read a month? 5-6
    11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? library, on line store
    12. Paperback or hardcover? hardcover
    13. At what point do you give up on a book? after the first two chapters if it stinks
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) bookclub
    15. Best reading-related memory? The old library in the town in which I grew up. Hanging out there and discovering new books
    16. Worst reading-related memory? none
    17. What was the last book(s) you bought? the Hunger Games series
    18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? Lee Child's latest
    19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading?15
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? fast
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time?yes
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? constant
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? a few days
    joy, relaxation, insight, education, escape

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast