1. How old were you when you learned how to read? 2
2. Were you a big reader growing up? still am
3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? The Happy Hollisters series
4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) Mainly fiction. Children's Series, Historical Romance and Crime
5. Top 5 favourite authors. James Patterson, JK Rowling, Meg Cabot, KA Applegate, Joanna Lindsey
6. Top 5 favourite books. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Along Came a Spider, Something for Joey, Size 12 is Not Fat, Gone With the Wind.
7. Where do you prefer to read? On the Couch or in Bed
8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? Not Really
9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? PJ's
10. On average, how many books do you read a month? 15-20
11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? Buy them from a store/amazon/family trades
12. Paperback or hardcover? Mainly paperback unless I cannot wait
13. At what point do you give up on a book? Since, I read the end first, if I don't like the ending-I don't bother about the book
14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) Reading the back of the books at the store
15. Best reading-related memory? Keeping myself from getting car sick
16. Worst reading-related memory? ??
17. What was the last book(s) you bought? Pleasure for Pleasure
18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? Can't remember
19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? 30-40
20. Are you a fast or slow reader? too fast
21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? always
22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? I'd say I'm a Compulsive Reader.
23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? a day or two
24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) to relax, escape, not think