+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Questionnaire about reading habits

1. How old were you when you learned how to read? First grade; we didn't have kindergarden in my area when I was a child.

2. Were you a big reader growing up? Yes

3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? Yes. Grimm's Fairy Tales. I developed a passion for reading during that book.

4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) Mostly fiction, but I do like non-fiction at times, too. I love historical novels and comedy.

5. Top 5 favourite authors.
    John Irving
    Larry McMurtry
    Pat Conroy
    Amy Tan
    Taylor Caldwell

6. Top 5 favourite books.
    Only five??
    Lonesome Dove
    Gone With the Wind
    The Prince of Tides
    Life With Father
    The Captains and the Kings

7. Where do you prefer to read? Either in bed or on the couch.

8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? I like to read while I'm eating dinner, but usually I only have ice water on hand while reading.

9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? Pajama pants and big tee shirt.

10. On average, how many books do you read a month? 2-3. I don't read as much as I used to.

11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? Library book sales, family, thrift stores and borrow from the library.

12. Paperback or hardcover? I prefer hardcover.

13. At what point do you give up on a book? When I was younger, if I started a book, I finished it. Nowadays, not so much. I'll give it a couple chapters and if it doesn't pique my interest, it's a goner.

14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) I browse books on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I also get recommendations from my sisters and my daughter. And of course, from book forums online.

15. Best reading-related memory? Realizing that my daughter has a love of reading.
    16. Worst reading-related memory? I had just finished "And Ladies of the Club" before going to sleep one night. I woke up about an hour later with my heart racing and in a fullblown panic attack. I thought I was dying. Long story short, I discovered I was suffering from hyperthyroidism. I will always identify that book with that experience.

17. What was the last book(s) you bought? Portrait of a Lady. Found it on the sale table in my local library.

18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? A few children's books for my youngest granddaughter.

19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? 8 to 10 probably. I spend too much time reading online to do much actual book reading lately.

20. Are you a fast or slow reader? If the book is really interesting, I'm fast. Otherwise it takes me forever to finish a book anymore.

21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? Yes, I sometimes have two books going at once.

22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? When I was younger, I was a constant reader. While I still love the idea of constantly reading, I rarely do that these days.

23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? Close to a year. Went through a separation and divorce at the time, and couldn't concentrate on reading at all.

24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) Pure pleasure, and reading is a great escape from worries and boredom.

I don't poke my nose in this forum too often, but I love to read, so this thread intrigued me. Thought I would take a crack at answering.

1. How old were you when you learned how to read? I don't recall

2. Were you a big reader growing up? I was always reading something, but sometimes it was just comic books or stuff like that.

3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? It's been a while since I was a kid. I'm sure they were, and I'm sure I'll think of them after I finish this survey

4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) Right now, for the past several years, I'm been mainly reading fantasy such as George R. R. Martin's series.

5. Top 5 favourite authors. I'm not sure I can come with five favorites, because I've liked various authors at different times in my life. When I was younger, my #1 favorite was Arthur C. Clarke, but beginning with his Rendezvous with Rama, I have't found him very interesting. Right now I like George R. R. Martin, but the only thing of his I've read is the Song of Ice and Fire series. Kate Elliott is another one I've enjoyed.

6. Top 5 favourite books. Pretty much the same as the last question, I can't come up with a top five because I've liked different things at different times in my life.

7. Where do you prefer to read? I read Just about anywhere, I even read when I'm cooking. I don't have a preference, maybe during lunch?

8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? Either way. I like to read while I'm having my lunch, so I guess I'd say maybe. But I don't have to have something to eat or drink when I'm reading.

9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear?
    Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? Whatever I'm wearing at the time, I don't have any preference. It depends on where I'm reading. If I'm home, I'm usually in sweats or something comfortable.

10. On average, how many books do you read a month? I don't get to read as often as I used to, so I would guess maybe 5-10.

11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? Buy them or get them from my sister. I get a lot of them from a used book store not far from me. I usually get gift certificates for Amazon or B&N for holidays. I haven't been to the library in ages, it's just not convenient for me.

12. Paperback or hardcover? I prefer paperback, but I'll do hardcover if it's one I've been waiting for and don't want to wait for the paperback, or I find a good sale. I like paperback because I can cart them around with me more easily.

13. At what point do you give up on a book? Probably after a chapter or two if the writing is really poor. Or I might skim ahead a bit to see if it sounds like it's going to get better. I used to read everything I started no matter what, but now I have so little time to read, I want to make it something I truly enjoy.

14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) Usually just browsing.

15. Best reading-related memory? Hmm. The one that springs to mind is when the sequel to Stephen R. Donaldson's Mirror of Her Dreams came out (A Man Rides Through). I was Christmas shopping and saw it in the book store. I couldn't get up to the register fast enough. I was so into that book I couldn't put it down. Read it all the way on our drive home, read it the whole time we were up there, and was able to leave both books for my sister when we left.

16. Worst reading-related memory? I can't think of any. Maybe the time I left a half finished book on the plane. Terrible sinking feeling when I realized it while waiting for my luggage. Fortunately, I was able to go out and buy another copy so I could finish it.

17. What was the last book(s) you bought? Lords of Avalon on the recommendation of a friend. It was okay, but not as wonderful as I was lead to believe

18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? I can't recall. It's not convenient for me to go to the library.

19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? Some weeks I have more time to read than others, but I read a little while I'm cooking supper, before bed, sometimes at lunch. Maybe 2 or 3 hours?

20. Are you a fast or slow reader? Fast, but I don't always have time to read fast, if that makes sense. If I sit down with nothing else to do, I can finish a book pretty quickly.

21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? Always. I can't imagine reading only one book at a time. I just finished one, and I have 3 others started.

22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? Constant reader

23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? Probably a day or two, maybe a week.

24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) Very tough. I read because I can't imagine not reading.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    THE ultimate questionnaire about one of our favourite pastimes when the monitors are off.

1. How old were you when you learned how to read?
    4 - I was driving the neighbor lady crazy with questions so she taught me. That's how my parents learned I needed glasses.

2. Were you a big reader growing up?
    Yes, I read anything I could get my hands on and once secretly joined a book club that didn't turn out so secret when the first bill came.

3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid?
    Everything I've read has left some kind of impression, but I'd have to say To Kill A Mockingbird.

4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?)
    Mysteries, Sci-fi, Thrillers, True Crime and Biographies

Rumer Godden, Robert Ludlum, Jonathon Kellerman, Clive Cussler, John Grisham, Diana Gabaldon.... Wait that's more than 5 now and I have more!

I'll go with how many copies I've worn out. Gone With the Wind, Exodus, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Stand and Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank

7. Where do you prefer to read?
    On my little corner of the couch with my feet up.

8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice?
    No, because I usually make a mess.

9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish?
    Whatever I've been wearing that day, usually jeans and a t-shirt.

10. On average, how many books do you read a month?
    Counting cookbook and how-to books, 20

11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library?
    My son-in-law's mother works at the local library and they get preview copies that he gives to me when he's finished. I also get lots of books at the library and if I don't want to wait to read something I buy it. Mr. gracie hates to go shopping with me when there's a bookstore around.

12. Paperback or hardcover?
    Either

13. At what point do you give up on a book?
    The only time I ever gave up on a book was the first time I read The Stand. That was after about 100 pages. A couple of months later I picked it up again and couldn't understand how I gave up. It was a great read.

14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.)
    Reviews in EW and other magazines and browsing at the library or bookstore.

15. Best reading-related memory?
    Sitting in my father's lap and reading him the Sunday funnies when I was 5.

16. Worst reading-related memory?
    Leaving a book I was reading outside in the rain and ruining it.

17. What was the last book(s) you bought?
    Deception Point- Dan Brown, Criminal Conversation - Evan Hunter, Daddy's Little Girl - Mary Higgins Clark, Tales & Truths of Coastal Carolina

18. What was the last book you checked out from the library?
    They Went Thataway: Redefining Film Genres, The Right to Be Wrong: Ending the Culture War Over Religion in America, Rabid Nun Infects Entire Convent and Other Sensational Stories From A Tabloid Writer, Killer Smile - Lisa Scottoline and Pompeii - Robert Harris

19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading?
    20, give or take

20. Are you a fast or slow reader?
    Fast

21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time?
    Yes

22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all?
    I always read something, even if it's the phonebook or an almanac.

23. What's the longest you've gone without reading?
    Maybe 10 hours

24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know)
    To expand my horizons. Not reading would be like not breathing.
    Last edited by gracie; 06-08-2006 at 12:15 AM.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Kindergarten, so I guess around age five.

Somewhat.

I was addicted to The Babysitters Club series. I also loved The Phantom Tollbooth.

4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?)
    I generally stick to non-fiction, but I do read fiction and mysteries now and then.

Armistead Maupin, Tim Dorsey, John Steinbeck, Louise Erdrich, and Al Franken

Tales of the City, Grapes of Wrath, Love Medicine, Like Water For Chcolate, Beloved

My favorite spot used to be on the streetcar when I commuted to my last job. Now it's just the couch.

8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice?
    I don't eat when I read. I don't want to spill anything on the book.

9. What do you typically wear when you read?
    Whatever's comfortable.

one or two

11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library?
    I used to buy my books, but now I use the library.

Hardcover

I can usually tell within the first few chapters if I want to continue or not. If I don't like it, I stop reading it and move on to another book.

14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.)
    Browsing the new books section at the library, and NPR

Reading required books for college courses, and liking them so much that I held onto them after the classes ended.

Reading Brave New World.

A wedding planning guide

Fantasyland, a book about several guys who are obsessed with their fantasy baseball teams

10-15, probably more now

Fast

once in a while

22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all?
    I just went through a five-month period where all I read were wedding-related books and magazines. I got a library card last month, and I've been reading something almost every day.

Maybe a day or two. Even when I wasn't reading books, I was reading newspapers and magazines.

To make me smarter.

About 4

Voracious

Charlotte's Web

Short fiction, essays, novels, biographies/authobiographies

John Steinbeck, John Updike, Anne Tyler, Alice Hoffman, Haruki Murakami (must I just pick 5?)

Grapes of Wrath, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, The Agony and the Ecstacy, Rubyfruit Jungle, The Wayward Bus

Anywhere comfortable, sometimes the bathtub

Usually coffee or Coke

9. What do you typically wear when you read?
    Whatever I happen to have on at the time. When do we ever not read?

2, but many articles, short stories, etc.

Library mostly

Hardcover

If after the first couple of chapters I am not hooked sufficiently, the book will get put in the pile on my nightstand.

Websites, like Bookslut or Articulate; ads in literary magazines, like Harper's or The New Yorker; browsing at the library or on the library website.

My mother, no matter how tired, would always read to me at night when I was little--How Fletcher Was Hatched, The Gypsy Girl's Best Shoes, Cannonball Simp, Miss Suzy the Squirrel

The speed reading they made us to in 6th grade

Believer Book of Writers Talking To Writers

Love Walked In

Fast

I'm always in the middle of 2 or 3 books and articles

The only time I don't read is if I am very depressed, thank God that's not often.

We always read--the toothpaste tube, shampoo bottle...

Because it makes me happy

Wow, what a wonderful thread! I am really enjoying reading all your responses, and can relate to an awful lot of them. You have also reminded me of books and writers I have enjoyed in the past but have not thought about for a long time. It's like reuniting with old friends.

I have to think this survey out before I post my own answers, though. Some of these questions are real toughies! I am tearing my hair out at the five favorite books/authors one!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I think I was five. The first book I remember carrying around was my Children's Picture Dictionary.
    2. Were you a big reader growing up? Big time. Third grade was all about Beverly Cleary, but then there was an older girl I knew named Tracy, who gave me all of her Judy Blumes. I think I read one a day back in grade school.
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? Gone With The Wind (I ambitously read it the summer before 6th grade. Reread it 10 years later and got a lot more out of it, but didn't quite enjoy it as much as I did that hot summer of 1985.)
    Are You There God It's Me Margaret (big surprise there)
    Blubber - also by Judy Blume (Those kids were horrible to that girl!)
    Harriet the Spy - (instead of learning a valuable lesson from it, I decided to spy on all of my friends the way she did. Real nice.)
    Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson, who I had the honor to speak to about 5 years ago when I worked at a theatrical publishing company!
    And...this was sort of a rite of passage for me and my middle school friends: VC Andrews books! Who would have thunk that someone could actually create a bestselling genre that can only be best described as "Incest Fiction"?!
    4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) Mostly trade paperback fiction, some Brit Mystery authors (Ruth Rendell, Val McDermid, Dame Agatha) but mostly NY Times Bestselling fiction. Also, being a drama geek who worked at a play publishing company, I enjoy reading contemporary and classical plays, especially Shakespeare. I enjoy non fiction books that comprise lists (whether it be about movies, music, history, strange facts or phenomena); Shakespeare authorship debate books; and "how our world has gone to hell in a handbasket" poli sci books (well I don't actually "enjoy" those, but I do like getting various perspectives that the mainstream media blatantly ignores.)
    Margaret Atwood
    Donna Tartt (eventhough she's only published two books)
    John Irving
    Stephen King
    Jane Austin
    6. Top 5 favourite books. (Can I do ten, please??!! They are in no particular order, all equally loved, worlds of their own that I did not want to leave...)
    Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
    The Secret History by Donna Tartt
    A Son of the Circus by John Irving
    Flesh and Blood by Michael Cunningham
    White Oleander by Janet Fitch
    Wonderboys by Michael Chabon
    The Stand by Stephen King
    Midwives by Chris Bojahlian
    A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith
    A Place of Execution by Val McDermid
    7. Where do you prefer to read? On a beach in the Caribbean, but if that can't be arranged, in bed, or sometimes curled up on the couch.
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? Nope, too distracting.
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish?
    PJs or sweats and T-shirt. Must be comfortable!
    Now a days, only about one or two a month. It's hard w/a little girl running around all day.
    My husband used to work at Barnes and Noble. He had a nice discount, and would also get to take home advanced reading copies of several authors.
    12. Paperback or hardcover? The only hard covers we own were either given to my husband for free, or killer finds at tag sales or used book sales.
    13. At what point do you give up on a book? Usually if I can get through a quarter of a book, I will finish it, good or bad. I'm more prone to starting a new book and putting it down after only a few pages or so, and then not getting back to it for a long time, if ever. The only exception has been Les Miserables, which I have actually read half of, even getting past the tedious chapter about the battle of Waterloo, and then put it down and never finished it.
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) It was easy when my husband worked at B&N, but now, I guess I get my info from newspapers and magazines, or recommendations from some friends and family. Sometimes I will browse Amazon or BN.com
    15. Best reading-related memory? I don't mean to repeat myself, but it would have to be when I was 11 years old, laying on my bed at dusk on a hot summer night, as my super loud metallic window fan blasted cool air my way, and I devoured "Gone With The Wind" Oh! Also, when I was pregnant and I always got a seat on the subway, I knew I was having a girl, so a friend of mine suggested I read "Girl Goddess #9" and "The Weetzie Bat Series" by Francesa Lia Block. My husband laughed at me, because I was reading young adult fiction, but my friend Kathy promised me that I would then give birth to the coolest baby girl. It worked, plus I really enjoyed the books and passed them on to my 14 year old sister-in-law.
    16. Worst reading-related memory? The moment that I realized that Mary Higgins Clarke really only had 2 good books, the rest are carbon copies with different preppie female names.
    Seriously though, my worst reading related moment, was actually when I was reading one of my 10 favorite books listed, "A Place of Execution". I literally could not put it down, even when I got off the subway train one beautiful morning in New York City. I had perfected walking in the city while reading, so long as it was a mass market paperback such as this one. I was heading east on 30th Street from
    6th Avenue, when I reached 5th Ave. I had to stop because people were gathered around on the corner looking up at the Downtown sky. It was 9 am on September 11, 2001 and the 1st tower had just been hit. About a week later I picked up the book again and finished it. By that time it was such a welcome escape. I will never forget that book.
    Non fiction as it would turn out. "On the Sea of Memory" by Jonathan Cott. It's an autobiography about how this writer lost 15 years of his memory due to electroshock therapy, and the steps he took to recover his lost years. I bought it last November, but still have not started it.
    "Zod Wallop" by William Browning Spencer. I really had to think about that one. The last time I took books out from the library was in 1997 when I lived in Princeton NJ and the public library was right down the street. Wow, that brings back memories! Crazy, crazy and sad book. I remember thinking that David Lynch should do an adaptation.
    Only a couple of hours.
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? Slooooooooow. I'm not what I used to be. It takes me a while to finish one unless I'm on vacation or so hooked that I can't fall asleep until I finish.
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? No. I've tried that before, but one book is always forgotten about for the other one.
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? I was a constant reader when I worked in NYC and road the train over an hour every day. But then I became a mommy, and reading fell by the wayside for a LONG time.
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? Half a year.
    24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) Because it enriches my mind and a really good book enriches my soul. I read nonfiction to increase factual knowledge, but I read fiction as a creative outlet. I get to play director, casting director, and set designer, all in my mind. I love the moment in the middle of a good book where I realize, "Hey! I've been imagining my sister-in-law's house, or wow, I could totally picture Lauren Ambrose playing this character!" More importantly, I read fiction looking for those moments where I "completely get it". Meaning, a writer creates such believable characters(which is almost always through the small details) that they urge me to complete their journey with them. A writer that can truly capture the human condition on paper, touches the soul.
    Last edited by JFlo; 06-26-2006 at 08:01 PM.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

JFlo, I loved A Son of the Circus, too! Most John Irving fans I know didn't care for that book at all. I thought it was great. Sorry for busting in on this thread with this comment, but I was so excited to see someone besides my daughter and myself who actually liked that book.

Quote Originally Posted by kattatude View Post
    JFlo, I loved A Son of the Circus, too! Most John Irving fans I know didn't care for that book at all. I thought it was great. Sorry for busting in on this thread with this comment, but I was so excited to see someone besides my daughter and myself who actually liked that book.
    Sorry to continue to go off topic, but I had to respond to Kattatude (Anyone who loves The Son of the Circus AND Elliott Yamin is tops in my book!)

Yeah, I loved it because it was a real departure for Irving, he tends to repeat himself a lot (New England, prep schools, wrestling, liberal parents and a weird fascination with dismembered body parts!). Not that books like Garp and Owen Meaney aren't great, but here he creates a completely unique world, with truly fascinating characters and a more complicated plot. I'm thinking I need to reread again real soon!
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

1. How old were you when you learned how to read? Not sure, but I think Kindergarten
    2. Were you a big reader growing up? yes, I loved to read
    3. Are there any books that left a big impression on you as a kid? Between Friends by Sheila Garrigou (sp?) It was about a girl who moved into a new house and made friends with the mentally retarded girl living next door. Great book, I would recommend it for 12 or 13 year olds to read. Teaches alot about tolerance.
    4. Favourite genres? (Do you read mainly fiction or non-fiction? Do you have a soft spot for horror, sci-fi, or romance?) Mostly fiction. I love mysteries. I also love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels. Not sure what genre they fall into, though. Humor is a good guess, though.

5. Top 5 favourite authors. In no particular order: Janet Evanovich, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Sue Grafton and Patricia Cornwell
    6. Top 5 favourite books. Again in no particular order: Gone With The Wind, The Stand, Lightening, Bag of Bones and all the Stephanie Plums
    7. Where do you prefer to read? on the couch
    8. Do you like to eat or drink something while you read? If so, what are your foods and beverages of choice? Usually have a Diet Pepsi handy
    9. What do you typically wear when you read? (I swear, I don't mean this in a dirty way. My mind is a pure as the first snow of the year - before it gets contaminated by dog poo and engine exhaust, that is. ) Casual wear? Pyjamas? Jeans? Something more elaborate and stylish? Whatever I have on. I am not picky about my attire...the more comfortable the better, though.
    10. On average, how many books do you read a month? 1, not alot of reading time
    11. How do you get hold of the books? Do you buy them at a bookstore, visit an online store, borrow from a friend or family member, or do you use the library? Family and library
    12. Paperback or hardcover? either
    13. At what point do you give up on a book? when I read a page over and over and still have no clue what is going on.
    14. How do you find about new books and authors? (Aside from the FORT, that is.) friends at work and my mom who is an avid reader
    15. Best reading-related memory? can't think of any
    16. Worst reading-related memory? see above answer
    17. What was the last book(s) you bought? That would have to be The Rising the first prequel in the Left Behind series. I don't buy many. I hate buying then realizing I hate the book.
    18. What was the last book you checked out from the library? I don't remember, some fluff mystery.
    19. On average, how many hours a week do you spend reading? not much lately
    20. Are you a fast or slow reader? depends on the book. I would have to say fast, though
    21. Do you sometimes read more than one book at the time? No. Too confusing
    22. Are you what Stephen King refers to as a Constant Reader, or are there periods where you don't read at all? unfortunately there are periords with no reading
    23. What's the longest you've gone without reading? a year
    24. Why do you read? (This is a tough one, I know) for the escape into another world to get away from my problems for a while.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast