+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burnt Toast and Other Philosophies of Life

Burnt Toast and Other Philosophies of Life

Terry Hatcher just wrote and released her first book, BURNT TOAST. It looked like a fairly easy read. I don't think I would spend the money to buy it. It's supposed to be about life after 40. She did a book signing and was promoting it on Oprah, as well as answering many questions.
    ----------------------------------------
    Teri Hatcher Gets Candid in New Tell-All BookMay 3, 2006

Teri Hatcher had a moment she never expected at the release of her new book, "Burnt Toast." "Extra's" cameras were there as an overwhelmed Hatcher hugged fellow "Housewife" Felicity Huffman, who originally told Teri she wouldn't be able to make it to the book's official release.

"I can't believe you made it," Teri said. "Thank you for coming. You didn't have to come!"

"I wanted to catch a flight in time to come to this," Huffman told her co-star. "I think writing a book is a big deal."

"Extra's" Dayna Devon sat down with Hatcher just moments after Felicity's surprise arrival.

Teri Hatcher: Isn't it great? The Felicity thing really surprised me because I know she's been working her tail off, and she came anyway. I just really appreciate that.

Dayna Devon: That's great! I love how in your book you just put it all out there. It makes every woman feel good to read that. I'm glad.

Teri Hatcher: It's the anti-blame book. It's really saying no matter what the circumstances are that have led you to arrive where you are, it's time to take responsibility and look at what you really want and make your life what you want it to be.

DD: You knew the exact day that Emerson was conceived because you only had sex once that year. Right?

TH: I don't think my ex-husband likes that so much. It wasn't meant in any way to make it sound like it was his fault. I quite blatantly in the book talk about my own problems and what I brought to the table in terms of intimacy.

DD: You recently talked about being molested as a young girl. Why didn't you write about that in the book?

TH: If I was going to do a book about that, I would write a book on the journey of healing yourself, and that isn't the book I wanted to do.

DD: You dedicated a good section of your book to some of your hilarious dating disasters. Like the guy who tried to pay you to go on a date, that was funny.

TH: What happened was my girlfriend set me up with a guy, who was this big financial investment guy. He was booking our date reservation, and he got arrested in her driveway because he turned out to be just a total con artist.

DD: The masseuse! Tell me about that.

TH: It was just a story about how I was getting a shiatsu massage, and he was down there maybe a little more than he should have been down there. And I was contemplating whether or not I liked it or was being violated, and by the time I figured it out it was over and neither answer was particularly satisfying.

DD: So you and Ryan Seacrest… is it true that he said, "I just don't think I can do this with you," and that's how it ended?

TH: Yeah, you know what; no one should have to explain. You go on the very beginning one, two, three days with somebody, and nobody has to explain why they don't want to go on date four. And he didn't want to go on date four.

DD: Can I ask you a question? Is he a good kisser?

TH: Ha, ha. I'll never say. I've always said you can't have it all at the same time. And I have to say I'm having a lot. I mean, who's having more than a Golden Globe to a beautiful daughter to a great job to a book being released. What more could I ask for? So if a guy doesn't fit into the plan right now, he probably isn't supposed to.

DD: See I would date you! I love you!

TH: That's one area I haven't explored!

Thursday on "Extra," see more with Teri, including her views on plastic surgery and allegations that she's anorexic.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/new...03/1/text.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teri Hatcher was just on The View promoting her book. Apparently it just made the New York Times bestseller list. Go figure Anyone know anyone who read it?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    I've seen her promoting the book, but all she talks about is her nipples, and wanting sex. It is very annoying. She shouldn't be so open about those subjects, as some weirdo may try something to hurt her, or someone she dates may think he has the go ahead to try something with her. Not smart IMO.

And no, I wouldn't pay money to buy the book.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I'd be interested in reading her book but I think a book about the healing of child molestation and what she was feelinh and going through would be a better read, atleast it would be something more serious that people could learn from.

I can't say whether I'll buy it or not, but I would like to read it just to see what she had to say. (behind a die hard Desperate Housewives fan...lol)

What I got from her interviews is that she's trying to point out to women not to put themselves last all the time. As in not taking the piece of burnt toast on the plate every day. Taking the smallest piece of chicken. Forgetting about their own value and self-worth and showing that to their spouses and children as well. That you can be a great mom and give and take in a marriage, but not to lose yourself and not show or ask for equal status. That it's not a bad thing to have that which you would give to someone else.

I think her message is genuine and valuable. And I'm glad she didn't put her molestation info in it. It would take away from the original message of the book. And will be another book all on its own.

I agree with MissKitty. I watched her interview on The View and I believe that her book has a very positive message. I plan on reading it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I like Teri but she seems so desperate for a man. I'm not sure why she's going on and on about wanting sex. She seems like someone who would be clingy and needy when she's in a relationship. Maybe that's why she's still single?

+ Reply to Thread