+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chuck Palahniuk

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by retromayhem View Post
    any plot details on his new novel???
    Rant is a novel by Chuck Palahniuk that is due to be released in 2007. The book is said to be a fake autobiography about a man named Rant. It may feature parts about car shows, as Palahniuk has conducted intensive research on car shows for a future novel.

That's that wikipedia said about it i would post a link but i am not able to.

I just picked up Diary the other day. Have yet to read it but I hear its fantastic! Any other recommendations?

I walked to the library with my friend the other day and I picked up "Haunted" along with a couple of other books. I've read the first three stories and it's by far one of the most disturbing books I've ever read. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by retromayhem View Post
    invisible monsters would be such an AWESOME movie!!!!!!!
    You might find this interesting, then. There is mention of it on another board, so I don't think I'm allowed to link it, but this is just in the Wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Palahniuk

I don't know if the Jessica Biel thing is a joke or not.

His writing IS pretty offensive, but in a jolting, rock-your-world kind of way - kind of like a really scary roller coaster, in the sense that when you get on it, you know it might make you sick, but leaves you exhilarated when the ride is over. You'll either love it or throw the book down and run screaming from it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The way you describe his writing is spot-on, AJane.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I don't know if the Jessica Biel thing is a joke or not.
    Oh God, I hope Stephen Colbert wrote that entry. I do not want Jessica Biel ruining one of my fave Chucky P. novels of all time. I saw her recently in The Illusionist, and while she did an okay job in that film, I still don't think she has the chops to pull off the roles of Shannon and Brandy from Invisible Monsters.

When I first read that novel years ago, I'd pictured Angelina Jolie in that role, though I don't know if by now she's considered too old for the part.

I'm excited to hear about the new novel!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Re: Chuck Palahniuk

Has anyone picked up Rant yet? I need a review before I spring for it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123