+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Palahniuk

You don't have to apologize for getting Haunted. The fact that you're even attracted to a book like at at all only makes me love you more! A couple of the short stories in there are absolutely brilliant as standalones. I still don't feel the book worked as a whole...but that's something we can talk about when you're done. I hope you enjoy it.

So glad you got Invisible Monsters! I always pictured that as being a wonderful film in the hands of the right, very brave and twisted director. Again, it's one of my favorites. I love the "postcards to the future" part. Have fun reading!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    You don't have to apologize for getting Haunted. The fact that you're even attracted to a book like at at all only makes me love you more! A couple of the short stories in there are absolutely brilliant as standalones. I still don't feel the book worked as a whole...but that's something we can talk about when you're done. I hope you enjoy it.

So glad you got Invisible Monsters! I always pictured that as being a wonderful film in the hands of the right, very brave and twisted director. Again, it's one of my favorites. I love the "postcards to the future" part. Have fun reading!
    invisible monsters would be such an AWESOME movie!!!!!!!

I heard that he was a great author but I never got the chance to pick anything up by him.. maybe I'll get something to read for over the summer.

Just checking back to let you know that I loved Invisible Monsters. If any of you haven't read it yet, I strongly urge you to pick it up. You won't be sorry: it's by turns hilarious, gruesome, and poignant, and I loved Pahlaniuk's writing style.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post

Speaking of offensive: Is it true that people have fainted and/or thrown up while attending his readings, or is that just a persistent urban legend?
    At the end of Haunted Chuck writes about how he read the story outloud at book stores, colleges, etc. and several people passed out when he read the "Guts" story. He went on to say people always fainted around the same part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by sakeofdrama View Post
    At the end of Haunted Chuck writes about how he read the story outloud at book stores, colleges, etc. and several people passed out when he read the "Guts" story. He went on to say people always fainted around the same part of the story.
    Aha! So it is true! I knew I heard it somewhere. I haven't read Haunted yet - I've been doing most of my reading on beaches lately, and as much as I love Chucky P, his novels aren't exactly what I'd call the ultimate beach read. But since I'm home from vacationing now, there's nothing stopping me from picking it up. We'll see whether or not I'll have a reaction to "Guts".

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Aha! So it is true! I knew I heard it somewhere. I haven't read Haunted yet - I've been doing most of my reading on beaches lately, and as much as I love Chucky P, his novels aren't exactly what I'd call the ultimate beach read. But since I'm home from vacationing now, there's nothing stopping me from picking it up. We'll see whether or not I'll have a reaction to "Guts".
    I had a definate reaction to Guts, i didn't pass out or anything but it did make me cringe on more than one occasion. There are several more stories in Haunted that are amazing and if you like Chuck P then you should definately read them, but in my opinion Haunted wasn't his best work. He has a new book coming out, has anyone heard anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by sakeofdrama View Post
    He has a new book coming out, has anyone heard anything about it?
    Oooh, a new book! I haven't heard a thing about it, though, and there's no mention of it on his official website (http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/). Nothing on Amazon either so far. Do you know when it's supposed to come out?

FORT Newbie
    It doesnt say anything on the official website but i went to wikipedia and searched him and it shows his work as well as a new book, "Rant" to be realeased May 7, 2007.

any plot details on his new novel???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast