+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Book Club (March 2006)

Hey Owlie. I'm not sure I just joined the club I wonder if they have a decoder ring or a secret hand shake. Just kidding
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Well, since it's already March (where does the time go?), I suggest we agree on a pick as soon as possible. Like I mentioned in the February book club thread earlier, I'm insanely busy with school-work, having to read a minimum of three novels and all the literary theory that goes with that a week. So I can't make any promises that I'll be contributing much to the discussions. I've read many of the books on the list I put together, though, so if you end up reading and discussing one of the titles I've already read, I'll definitely stop by and post my thoughts at some point.

How many are up for The Beekeeper's Apprentice? So far two people, right? (Duxxy and Shaybo.) That puts The Beekeeper's Apprentice in the lead right now, but we still need to hear from more people. Lambi? PGM35? AJane? JAFO'S PRINCESS? DesertRose? owlie? myrosiedog? Anyone else? I hope I'm not forgetting anyone. And it goes without saying that everyone is more than welcome to jump aboard. Come forward, y'all, and let us know what you feel like reading and then we'll see if we can reach some sort of majority-based decision.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I would have to get a copy but I could check out the beekeepers apprentice. I am willing to try anything once.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Hey Owlie. I'm not sure I just joined the club I wonder if they have a decoder ring or a secret hand shake. Just kidding
    Shaybo, I hope so--I've always wanted to be part of a club with a secret handshake!

I've just reserved The Beekeeper's Apprentice at the library and should be able to pick it up in a few days. I'm looking forward to starting (and thanks for letting me join...)

I'm down with Beekeeper's Apprentice. Thanks to all those whose work helped us find a suitable book for March.

And while I, too, will be very busy in the month of March, as I was in February, I'll also be reading and posting whenever I can.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'll try and get it from the library and join in.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Sounds good to me too! Sorry for the delay in responding. New computer at work (laptop) required lots of set up and software loading.

Quote Originally Posted by owlie View Post
    Shaybo, I hope so--I've always wanted to be part of a club with a secret handshake!

I've just reserved The Beekeeper's Apprentice at the library and should be able to pick it up in a few days. I'm looking forward to starting (and thanks for letting me join...)
    Don't thank me thank Geek the Girl founder and President of our little band.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Sounds good to me too! Sorry for the delay in responding. New computer at work (laptop) required lots of set up and software loading.
    OOOO I hate getting new equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    How many are up for The Beekeeper's Apprentice? So far two people, right? (Duxxy and Shaybo.) That puts The Beekeeper's Apprentice in the lead right now, but we still need to hear from more people. Lambi? PGM35? AJane? JAFO'S PRINCESS? DesertRose? owlie? myrosiedog? Anyone else? I hope I'm not forgetting anyone. And it goes without saying that everyone is more than welcome to jump aboard. Come forward, y'all, and let us know what you feel like reading and then we'll see if we can reach some sort of majority-based decision.
    Lambi's "in" on the Beekeeper's Apprentice! I'll check the library tomorrow for it.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast