+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Book Club] Revival?

[Book Club] Revival?

The last talk of a Book Club happened in July 2004. That was a year and a half ago.

Who's up for a revival?

C'mon. There are plenty of smart, accomplished people who browse the Books forums, and I would love to get all of them reading the same thing and discussing it together. I'd love to...be on the same page as y'all. (Ba da bump!)

Any takers? We can discuss the book list now, and start Jan. 2, as soon as the holidays are over. This month would be too hectic to start anything, I think. Maybe we can do a different theme each month--Classic one month, recent best seller the next, mystery the next, etc., so that no one gets bored.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I would so be in for this
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Count me in!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Welly, welly, well, to quote Homer. Simpson, not the philosopher.

I'm always up for reading. Although my taste is questionable at times. Count me in!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I'm finished my course, so I'm in for any and all pleasure reading.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I would be interested in joining!

So far, a very good group. Should we begin to consider what to read? And a start date of Jan. 2? And perhaps put it to a vote?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'd love to participate also. I just hope my mostly French library carries the books we chose. Those are the joys of living in a mostly French province. As an aside, the stupid Office of French Language has ordered the Cité de Dorval to change its name to Ville de Dorval, supposedly because it sounds too English, even if Cité is a French word. These are the smart people that fined the owner of a pet store, I think, because a parrot it sold spoke English, not French

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    So far, a very good group. Should we begin to consider what to read? And a start date of Jan. 2? And perhaps put it to a vote?
    January sounds good to me...do you have any titles in mind, phat? My only request is that it's something that has maybe been out for a few months...it's hard to get really new titles at the library out here in my prairie wilderness (example: I put a hold on the new Bret Easton Ellis title and the library doesn't even have it yet...it's on order. ).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

phat, January is better for me too! As for titles, , I'll have to think about it a bit.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast