+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: [Book Club] Revival?

I just ordered my copy, so I should be able to get it just in time for the kick-off. This will be fun!

I'm currently reading The Year of Magical Thinking and I humbly ask, nay, demand that y'all pick it as our next selection. It's a wonderful, fulfilling, and sad read, and it would be great to be able to discuss it with you guys. So keep it in mind for our next pick.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    Got my copy today, y'all. So I'll look it over and chop it up into a four-week reading schedule and post my suggestion for how to approach it? We'll be ready to kick off on Jan. 2, but if anyone wants to go to the head of the class and start reading, go for it. But please don't discuss yet, in case there are spoilers, and the others haven't had a chance to read up yet. Thanks!

This is going to be epic!
    I just got my copy today (from the public library!). I am SOOO excited!

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    I would really like to join in if that's ok - my local library has a couple of copies in at the moment.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

I'm glad so many of you are able to track down copies, especially at your local libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    I'm currently reading The Year of Magical Thinking and I humbly ask, nay, demand that y'all pick it as our next selection. It's a wonderful, fulfilling, and sad read, and it would be great to be able to discuss it with you guys. So keep it in mind for our next pick.
    I couldn't agree more. The excerpt I read had so much depth, it's just begging us to examine this work in greater detail.

Hell, if it's not available from Braille Library, I'm thinking of reading my copy out loud, recording myself doing it, and sending the CD of me doing that to Jewels!

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia
    I would really like to join in if that's ok - my local library has a couple of copies in at the moment.
    Of course! And welcome, Britannia! The more, the merrier!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

My library is holding it for me. Since I'm moving, however, I will probably get a late start. Hopefully, I can catch up quickly!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Back from holidays and I've reserved The Man In My Basement and should also have it in time for the 2nd.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Hell, if it's not available from Braille Library, I'm thinking of reading my copy out loud, recording myself doing it, and sending the CD of me doing that to Jewels!
    Aww, you're too sweet. I'll see if it's available at my local library on tape or CD, and if not - no worries.

I ordered 'Basement' a couple days ago and should be getting it by Friday.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I've just been lurking in this thread (the whole book forum actually!) and thought I'd put in my two cents worth!

I received my copy of The Man in My Basement the week before Christmas and it is calling to me from my bookshelf........"Read ME Laury........ME ME ME!" So I am excited to get started and look forward to discussing it with all of you! Everyone I work with is also a reader but of course we are never reading the same thing at the same time. This should be fun!

I ordered The Year of Magical Thinking at the same time so I'm set!

I should have my book in a week...so I might be playing catch up.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678