+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Book Club] Revival?

I'm up for that one too!

I am fine with that choice as well. I hope to be back online by January 2. Right now I have no internet access in my new place. I might have to join in on the next book.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Very cool. Thanks for checking that out Phat. :santawave

Dinah - The Man in My Basement
    Desertrose - The Man in My Basement
    lildago - The Man in My Basement
    PGM - The Man in My Basement
    Jluvs - The Man in My Basement
    Jewels - The Man in My Basement
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

sounds good, I need something to read and that may as well be it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The Man in My Basement sounds good to me, too. It'll probably be easier for me to get ahold of too.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Count me in on The Man in My Basement! I've been wanting to read something by Walter Mosley for a long time, and this sounds like a great place to start Also, it's in stock in several of the online book stores I've checked out, so I should be able to get it in time. (What was the start date again? All that rich food has made me forgetful ) I did get The Year of Magical Thinking for Christmas (thanks, Mom!) so I'll probably read it in the next couple of days. (I couldn't possibly keep myself from it; it seems absolutely intriguing.) I'll make sure to hold on to my thoughts and impressions until we discuss it later this year.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow to pick up "The Man in My Basement" ! I guess we'll do the Joan book next time! I am SO looking forward to this- none of my "real" friends take much time out to really read and if they do, it's not usually a topic of discussion. I feel the stagnant, starving right side of my brain coming back to life anticipating all of your observations!
    Go Tigers!

Phat, forgive the double post, but since you started this particular thread, should we set up a date to discuss the first chapter, or first three chapters, so as to avoid "spoiling"? I like to read fast, but am more than willing to discuss this at a designated pace. I hate it when people ruin a book for me by telling me what's going to happen before I know it. So I hope you have ideas as to a schedule of sorts so we can all enjoy the same discussions and ideas regardless of our reading pace. Thanks in advance- I am SO looking forward to my first real "book club"!
    Go Tigers!

I am ok with that choice too, tho it may be til next week before I get the book.

Got my copy today, y'all. So I'll look it over and chop it up into a four-week reading schedule and post my suggestion for how to approach it? We'll be ready to kick off on Jan. 2, but if anyone wants to go to the head of the class and start reading, go for it. But please don't discuss yet, in case there are spoilers, and the others haven't had a chance to read up yet. Thanks!

This is going to be epic!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast