+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Any Diana Gabaldon Fans?

Any Diana Gabaldon Fans?

Just wondering if there were any other fans of Diana Gabaldon out there.I just love her books and am reading the series again since she has just released a new book and I need to refresh my memory.

I enjoyed her books up until The Firey Cross. I didn't really enjoy the characters the way I did in her earlier books. Frankly, Brianna is an annoying, whiny mess who doesn't take responsibility for her actions IMHO. I've heard people say this latest is more in spirit with her earlier books, but TFC turned me off enough that I didn't rush out and buy the hardcover.

Sorry to sound so negative. I enjoyed Outlander so much, and the one in France, and the one on the ship.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I actually couldn't get into the Fiery cross and figured that with the new one out the only way for me to get through it was to read them all again and hopefully that would help.

Amazon started recommending them to me when her new book was coming. I've made it through Outlander so far and am hooked!
    Wag more, bark less

I have read all up to the fiery cross and am having trouble staying focused.I even bought it on cd so I can listen to it in the car but I find it really doesnt hold my attention.Hopefully it will get better.

FORT Regular
    Absolutely loved all of the books and am waiting very very impatiently for the next installment. She has not made Briana especially likeable, but I'm interested in seeing where the next (probably final) book in this series goes.

There's another author Sara Donati that I recently read that is similar to Diana Gabaldon's story...even does a minor crossover of characters. If you liked the Outlander you may like these ones. I think Into the Wilderness was the first in the series.
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

MRD
    LOVED the OUtlander series. GREAT books. And I would have never read the first one if not for a book club I was in. I'm so glad I read it because I have been hooked.

But there are some rabid DG fans out there. Have you been to her fan site? OMG!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Any Diana Gabaldon Fans?

I am humored to be "bumping" a thread that is nearly 4 years old........BUT, I just read Outlander, actually, I'm almost finished and it's one of the most engrossing books I've ever read. I am hooked, consumed, living and breathing Jamie and Claire, oh my!

There are so many unanswered questions as well, like who was the tall shadowy "ghost" that Frank saw looking up into the window at Claire in the beginning. Who is Gellis Duncan, obviously she had traveled through the stones as well. Why did the "waterhorse" appear to Claire. Squeeeee, I just love this adventure, wow!

Just wanted to share, hee!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of this series. I love the time travel aspect and I especially love the historial detail and setting of the story. I'm going back and listening to the series on audiobook as a refresher before I read the latest book. Enjoy!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange;3790237;
    I'm a huge fan of this series. I love the time travel aspect and I especially love the historial detail and setting of the story. I'm going back and listening to the series on audiobook as a refresher before I read the latest book. Enjoy!
    I did enjoy, tremendously! I just finished "Outlander" this morning and oh my gosh. Without hesitation, this is one of the best books I've ever read. The time period and learning about Scottish history, the time travel and the historical and moral questions Claire ponders, the adventure, battles, brutality and above all, the characters. Jamie Fraser, hello you strapping, heroic, tough, stubborn, tender, passionate Scottish barbarian man!

On to "Dragonfly in Amber" but I need a week to recover, lol! These books are intense and thrilling and all consuming.

I'm an enthusiastic new fan!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast