+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Any Diana Gabaldon Fans?

Kiz

Re: Any Diana Gabaldon Fans?

Here's the first trailer for Outlander on Starz. It looks exciting. After reading the series twice and listening to the audio CD's, and visiting Scotland, I can't wait for the TV version. (The trailer is a little half way down the page. Claire is on the video link.)

STARZ - Outlander - A STARZ Original Series
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Kiz

I must be the lone Gabaldon fan left on the board, but I'm LOVING her new book that was just released at midnight. "Written in My Own Hearts Blood", book 8 in the Outlander series. What a summer for her fans this will be with the Starz series beginning Aug 9.
    PWS likes this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Nope, I'm one too. It has been awhile since I've read the Outlander series. I think it's time for me to read them again to refresh my memory and then read her new book. I didn't enjoy the Lord Grey books and only read the first one.
    I'm so sad I don't have Starz. From the previews I've seen online, it meshes nicely with the pictures I have in my mind. Enjoy!

Kiz

Thanks, inthegarden. I'm taking my time with book 8 knowing it will be a long time before we see book 9, but it's fantastic. I've read about a third of it, and I think it's one of her best. At least top three. I only read the first Lord Grey book too, and as much as I like him in Outlander, I didn't care for his book either.

I'm sorry you don't have Starz, but hopefully, it'll soon be released on other media so that fans can watch it who don't subscribe.
    inthegarden likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, Kiz! I had no idea a new one was out!
    Kiz likes this.

Kiz

You're welcome, PWS. I'm taking my time reading this one, for a change. I'm enjoying reading it at a little slower pace, especially since it will probably be another 4+ years before the next one comes out. I've read about 50%, and if the second half is as good as the first, it's going to be in my top three favorites of the series.
    PWS likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Me, too---slowly, knowing it had to last, but, sigh, it's over.
    And now a question... while I remember the boy being trapped under the dam at the end of the previous one, I have zero memory of Claire and Lord John either getting it on or getting married. Was that in one of the Lord John books that I've missed? Or in the same book as the boy under dam and my memory has failed me? I read the previous books quite a while ago now, so certainly possible, but I have to admit I do usually remember the sex stuff!
    Actually hoping I've missed a Lord John story, so there's something else to read.
    Thanks!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I saw in the paper the show starts Aug. 9th.
    Kiz likes this.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Me, too---slowly, knowing it had to last, but, sigh, it's over.
    And now a question... while I remember the boy being trapped under the dam at the end of the previous one, I have zero memory of Claire and Lord John either getting it on or getting married. Was that in one of the Lord John books that I've missed? Or in the same book as the boy under dam and my memory has failed me? I read the previous books quite a while ago now, so certainly possible, but I have to admit I do usually remember the sex stuff!
    Actually hoping I've missed a Lord John story, so there's something else to read.
    Thanks!
    I've read the series a few times and have listened to the Davina Porter's audio of the books twice, and I still miss a lot, and forget a lot too. It was toward the end of Echo after Jamie was thought to be lost at sea that Captain Richardson came to Lord John and threatened to arrest Claire as a spy for passing out seditious materials. John, at that point, realizes the only way he can protect Claire is to marry her, and in addition this would protect Fergus and Marseli who were printing Claire's materials in their print shop. (chapter 93+).

Have your read, "The Space Between" and "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows"? I thoroughly enjoyed both of these shorter books, and they give additional perspective to the big books. I've tried to read two of the Lord John books, and as much as I love John, I can't make myself get interested in the books devoted to his storyline.

Also, regarding the TV series, Starz will be airing the first episode online beginning Aug 2. I can't wait!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... will have to go back, at least for the sex scenes!
    As to the others, I can't recall the titles of the books... I have to check my Kindle to see if they are on there! If not, thanks for two new books in the series! I think I read most of the Lord John books...I enjoyed them, but different.

Thanks, Kiz!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011