+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Any Diana Gabaldon Fans?

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Re: Any Diana Gabaldon Fans?

Love, love these books! I get so invested in the characters and I especially enjoy the detailed historical aspect of the stories. I've read all of the books and just finished listening to all the audiobooks. Debating with myself on reading The Exile or the Lord John Series.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange;4069468;
    Love, love these books! I get so invested in the characters and I especially enjoy the detailed historical aspect of the stories. I've read all of the books and just finished listening to all the audiobooks. Debating with myself on reading The Exile or the Lord John Series.
    As you can see from the earlier discussion the Lord John series is recommended by DG fans...especially if read in the right order.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;4069039;
    Kiz - thank you for your reply. I'm intrigued enough to check it out. I adore this series and Jamie Fraser, what a character!
    I hope you've had a chance to read Exile. If you did, how did you like it? I have a few quibbles with the illustrations, but all in all, I enjoyed it. I'm anxiously awaiting book 8 though!

If anyone has a Kindle and haven't downloaded Outlander, it's free from Amazon right now. I don't know if it's a one day only event, but I just wanted to pass that along.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;4074573;
    I hope you've had a chance to read Exile. If you did, how did you like it? I have a few quibbles with the illustrations, but all in all, I enjoyed it. I'm anxiously awaiting book 8 though!

If anyone has a Kindle and haven't downloaded Outlander, it's free from Amazon right now. I don't know if it's a one day only event, but I just wanted to pass that along.
    Thank you! I had read Outlander years ago in paper, but all the others are on my Kindle. I wasn't going to buy a book I already owned, but adding it to the collection for free, definitely! When (I hope) I get my new (even smaller) Kindle for Christmas I"m going to pass this one to my Sig. Other, who will now be able to access the complete Outlander series (minus the comic book).

Kiz

I'm glad you got to take advantage of the free offer for Outlander to complete your Kindle collection, PWS.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;4076576;
    I'm glad you got to take advantage of the free offer for Outlander to complete your Kindle collection, PWS.
    That's what I love about FORT! Would never have known otherwise.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Kiz - I still haven't read The Exile. I stumbled upon The Hunger Series books and I've been wrapped up in them the past few weeks.

Random House, publisher's of DG's Outlander books is having a contest to celebrate 20 years since Outlander was first published. Here is the link. Scroll down to the contest portion and click on the red here. I hope on of us wins 10 Outlander books to pass out to friends! Ladies of Lallybroch

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just got an email from Amazon that there's a new one coming out, The Scottish Prisoner, a Lord John novel, set in the period when Jamie is working as a stablehand to be near his son that he can't claim. Hardcover and Kindle only so far.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

As is not uncommon, I'm a little late to be arriving at this party. I just finished "Outlander." Liked it, didn't absolutely love it. However, based on what I've read in this thread, I will move on to Dragonfly in Amber because I do want to see what happens when Claire gets back to modern times.

Kiz

Starz will begin filming the upcoming series of Outlander series soon. I'm really looking forward to it. The cast, so far, looks fantastic and very Scottish. Spring 2014 will be a good time for Outlander fans. Book 8 + Outlander on Starz.

Outlander - A STARZ Original Series

+ Reply to Thread