JKR
    Nicholas Sparks
    James Patterson
    Meg Cabot

J.D. Robb and Jennifer Weiner at the moment

VC Andrews!
    Love is in your blood.

Premium Member
    I love Stephen King, Nicholas Sparks, Dean Koontz, Danielle Steele, John Grisham, Robin Cook, and I know there's more but I can't think of them at the moment.

Orson Scott Card is my all time favorite. If I don't own one of his books, it's on my Christmas list. Something about his writing just feels like I'm reading something I wrote, and I get it. My husband got me an autographed first edition of "Ender's Shadow" for my birthday. I guess "Ender's Game" was too expensive.

Other favorite others: William Makepeace Thackery, James Alexander Thom, (uh-oh, I see a theme, male authors who use all three of their names!), Maeve Binchy (guilty romantic pleasure), and Arthur C. Clarke. Finally, my man, the master of poets and inspiration for all my noble and grand notions of love and heroics while growing up, Walt Whitman, little you know the subtle electric fire that for your sake is playing within me. *sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Other favorite others: William Makepeace Thackery, James Alexander Thom, (uh-oh, I see a theme, male authors who use all three of their names!), Maeve Binchy (guilty romantic pleasure), and Arthur C. Clarke. Finally, my man, the master of poets and inspiration for all my noble and grand notions of love and heroics while growing up, Walt Whitman, little you know the subtle electric fire that for your sake is playing within me. *sniff*
    burntbrat, have you read Thom's "Panther in the Sky"? That's one of my all-time favorite books. I've read nearly all of his books, and he is one of my favorite authors, also.

Quote Originally Posted by kattatude View Post
    burntbrat, have you read Thom's "Panther in the Sky"? That's one of my all-time favorite books. I've read nearly all of his books, and he is one of my favorite authors, also.
    Oh yes, "Panther in the Sky" was my first Thom read. I had to read it for a book report in History class in High School. I was hooked after that. I was in love with Tecumseh (big dork that I am). If you liked that, you might try reading Orson Scott Card's Alvin Maker series. One of the books features Tecumseh's brother, the One-eyed Prophet. It's heavy folk-historical-fantasy.

LOL I guess I'm a big dork, too, because I fell in love with Tecumseh also!

I'll have to look around for the book about his brother. Thanks for the recommendation.

I like Douglas Adams, Dave Barry, Iris Rainer Dart, Jane Heller, and Sharon Kahn.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Anne Frank, Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, Daniel Hadler.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

+ Reply to Thread