+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite author?

Joy Fielding is my favorite - I loved all of her books. I also love Lucinda Edmonds, Tess Gerritson and Sidney Sheldon

Of the current authors I love Carl Hiaasen. He just appeals to my sense of humor like nobody else.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I totally agree with Tirlittan, I have read every Hiasson novel so far and waiting impaitently for the next one. I also buy Tim Dorsey, Michael McClelland (both alot like Hiasson, Tir...)and Gregory McDonald in Mystery and Terry Pratchett and Alan Dean Foster in Scifi. General Fiction its Christopher Moore.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fan
    My favourite authour is J.K. Rowling. I can't stop reading the Harry Potter books!! It's like therapy for me. Can't wait to see the movie!

Taylor Caldwell, Evan Hunter, Tennessee Williams, and William Shakespeare.

Gosh, this question is almost impossible for me to answer. The first thing that comes to mind when I hear it is, "What genre?" I have so many authors who I just adore.

When it comes to really winning my heart over, though, it usually comes down to who makes me laugh out loud. The author (published author, anyway ) that makes me laugh the longest and the hardest is the late Douglas Adams. I still laugh until I cry everytime I reread a book of his. God bless him.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Oh there are just so many. I have always had an affection for escapism and fantasy so some of my early favorites are some of my most enduring. I devoured C.S. Lewis early on and then moved to reading everything written by Terry Brooks and, of course, Tolkien.
    I also adore historical fiction. So, some of my others are Taylor Caldwell and Leon Uris, Margaret Mitchell.
    Jane Austin is another one who is up there. Tom Robbins I love.
    Howard Zinn is a genius American Studies master.
    J.K. Rawling, I love ya.

I'd have to say, Patricia McCormick, or whatever her name is. She wrote a Young Adult, fiction novel called Cut and it was really good. I have yet to read another book by her.
    Strokes Concert: 3/21/06
    "What do you mean we walked around dressed like girls? We walked around in our own clothes, they just happened to be dresses." -Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)

FORT Fanatic
    J.K. Rowling!!!!!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I, too, enjoy many different genres. Dean R Koontz is my ultimate favorite! Stepen and Tabitha King are both great!!My son's gfriend has turned me on to Jo Beverly. I also really enjoy Beverly Lewis. Plus your typical beach/summer books.

+ Reply to Thread