+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NYT Bestseller Lists (as of 8/5/05)

NYT Bestseller Lists (as of 8/5/05)

HARDCOVER FICTION
    Top 5 at a Glance
    1. LIFEGUARD, by James Patterson and Andrew Gross
    2. THE INTERRUPTION OF EVERYTHING, by Terry McMillan
    3. THE HISTORIAN, by Elizabeth Kostova
    4. UNTIL I FIND YOU, by John Irving
    5. THE DA VINCI CODE, by Dan Brown

HARDCOVER NONFICTION
    Top 5 at a Glance
    1. 1776, by David McCullough
    2. 100 PEOPLE WHO ARE SCREWING UP AMERICA, by Bernard Goldberg
    3. THE WORLD IS FLAT, by Thomas L. Friedman
    4. FREAKONOMICS, by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
    5. CONFESSIONS OF A VIDEO VIXEN, by Karrine Steffans
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

*Apparently, The Da Vinci Code is never, ever leaving the New York Times Bestsellers list. Ever.

*I could give a damn what Bernie Goldberg has to say.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Oooh, a new John Irving!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    Oooh, a new John Irving!
    I was going to say that until you beat me to it!

Also a new Terry McMillan.

Unfortunately, I can't fit one more book into my library until I get rid of several hundred. That's my project for Monday.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Unfortunately, I can't fit one more book into my library until I get rid of several hundred. That's my project for Monday.
    *gasp* Blasphemer!!!!!!! Rid yourself of books?? Que horrible!

I cling to my books like a crackhead to his smokin', hot, pipe! I also have hundreds, and purchased my current house because I wanted to use the loft portion as my library. Viva la biblioteca!

I this thread idea!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    *gasp* Blasphemer!!!!!!! Rid yourself of books?? Que horrible!

I cling to my books like a crackhead to his smokin', hot, pipe! I also have hundreds, and purchased my current house because I wanted to use the loft portion as my library. Viva la biblioteca!

I this thread idea!
    I have an enormous amount of books 'tis true. *sigh* I collect them, I love them. I hardly even want to let them out of my sight long enough to let anyone else read them. That's just bad. However, my mother in law has gifted me with carton upon carton of books that she mails from Missouri. Some of them are wonderful, but she and I really don't have the same taste.

I literally have thousands of hard-backs, unfortunately many of them are book club books, which, as you probably know, are the bane of used book store sellers everywhere. They don't want 'em at all, I guess since they are smaller and printed on inferior paper.

Most importantly, my best friend in the whole world is living far away, and her husband is dying. She's anticipating a move back home, and I've offered her old room (my library) to her for as long as she needs it. Last time that was for several years. I'd rather have my friend happy than all the books in the world. I can always collect more later. /endthreadjack.

I also think this thread is a great idea. Kudos to phat for getting the ball rolling on this one. Exactly how long has The Da Vinci Code been on the bestseller list, anyway? I bought and read it years ago, it seems like!
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Has anyone read the new John Irving book yet? As for Lifeguard, I bought it recently but haven't started it yet haha And regarding Da Vinci Code, correct me if I'm wrong, but it must be around two years now since it's hit the Bestseller list!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

I also think this thread is a great idea. Kudos to phat for getting the ball rolling on this one.
    Actually, I think it was John's idea. And I've been doing one for a few weeks now.

Most importantly, my best friend in the whole world is living far away, and her husband is dying. She's anticipating a move back home, and I've offered her old room (my library) to her for as long as she needs it. Last time that was for several years. I'd rather have my friend happy than all the books in the world. I can always collect more later. /endthreadjack.
    Mwaaaaaaaaaaa! I didn't see this until TODAY. Which is sucky-ass late! I'm sorry to hear of your friend's woes, Dina-lou. Very, very, kind and good of you to offer your amiga a room.

Although, I think I'd like to sleep in a room with a bunch of books. There's a super-crazy cute restaurant here (and by "here"...I mean.....Peru ) that's stupid with books. Floor to ceiling, and wrapped good and tight around the perimeter of the eatery, are bookcases chock full of whatever. Sooo much fun to down hollaindaise sauce (via shot glass!) while looking at used books.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread