+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: What's on your summer reading list?

Re: What's on your summer reading list?

I finally read the Kite Runner, so I want to read a Thousand Splendid Suns, and The Yiddish Policeman's Ball ( is that right? ). Anyone read them?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

The first two you mentioned are on my book list. I'm not sure when I'll get to them since my book list is always longer than necessary. Ha ha... I just finished Auriel Rising by Elizabeth Redfern. It's a great read if anyone needs another short one before the summer is over.

I am finally getting to start the last Harry Potter book. I won't get past chapter two until my first break at work tomorrow. I'll be gushing once I finish and finally get to catch up with everyone in the book seven thread. Don't worry, it'll only take me this weekend to finish.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I have an ambitious summer reading list that I'm reading all at once, depending on my mood:

Ulysses by James Joyce (I swear I will finish it this time!) - I'm reading this on my breaks and lunch at work

Roasting in Hell's Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay - I usually read this after dinner

Singular Existence by ? (I can't remember off hand, it's a book about single people and relationships or lack thereof)

Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows - Bedtime reading
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

This spring I bought nearly every Michael Connelly book and nearly every Caroline Graham book. I've finished the Connelly's, including a couple that I got from the library, and am now taking a break with a few other library books that became available at the same time (Anne Cleeves, Jonathan Kellerman, someone else I can't remember right now). Once they're done, I'll be delving into the Grahams, which should last me until early autumn, at which point the next round of library books I've put on hold should be coming down the pike.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Fatima/Whitney/Stacy Ann TopModelFan1's Avatar

For school I'm reading Fahrenheit 451, which I enjoy, although sometimes it confuses me (the futuristic stuff), and I also have to read Ender's Game , which I look at as an easy, mindless read. I'm not really into Sci Fi.

For my own personal summer reading, I'm reading East of Eden, whicch I am enjoying alot.
    Tyra, please don't shave my head.

Just finished the a book i COULD NOT put down. if you like to bittersweet, hopeful, but very sad books, this is the one for you:

"A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2501943;
    This spring I bought nearly every Michael Connelly book and nearly every Caroline Graham book. I've finished the Connelly's, including a couple that I got from the library, and am now taking a break with a few other library books that became available at the same time (Anne Cleeves, Jonathan Kellerman, someone else I can't remember right now). Once they're done, I'll be delving into the Grahams, which should last me until early autumn, at which point the next round of library books I've put on hold should be coming down the pike.
    I have read all of Michael Connoly's books and just finished reading The Overlook. Harry Bosch is one of my favorite literary characters. I also just read Gone by Jonathan Kellerman.

My Summer reading list has been fairly light for the most part as I've been ill and needed light reading material. So I read all the Miss Julia books by Ann B. Ross and I re-read the first 3 books of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon

I started the summer reading the massive biography of Harry S. Truman by McCullom (of 1776 and John Adams fame). I was engrossed, but after that, I did fall back into what I call "non-thinking, total entertainment books". I also read the latest Shopaholic book this summer. And I'm ready to crack open Janet Evanovich's Lucky 13 tonight.

Oh and I had the must read of the summer tucked in there: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I have probably done more reading this summer than anything else. I've averaged 3-4 books per week. But again, when I don't feel good, that's all I want to do is read. I haven't wanted to watch tv or even be on the computer much. My local librarian has finally gotten used to me checking out 10-12 books at a time. (my biggest fear is running out of reading material. I'd never be able to fall asleep at night without reading at least a few pages. I actually get ansty when I don't have a current book to read. I tell everyone they are my tranquilizers. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread