+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb

I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb

This is probably one of the best books you'll ever read! It's a long book, but well worth it!!!

Enjoy reading it!!

I've been wanting to read it ever since I read She's Come Undone. Have you read both of them? In that case - which one do you prefer? I'll definitely put I Know This Much Is True on my summer reading list.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    I've been wanting to read it ever since I read She's Come Undone. Have you read both of them? In that case - which one do you prefer? I'll definitely put I Know This Much Is True on my summer reading list.
    geek the girl: I've read both books and, imo, I Know This Much is True is far better than She's Come Undone. I read She's Come Undone because I loved I Know This Much is True so much, and was a bit disappointed. Wally Lamb really improved as a writer with the second book - it's much deeper and more insightful.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have to disagree...I preferred She's Come Undone.

I have to add a dissenting voice here...I hated this book beyond belief. I thought the title was great, it's actually what hooked me into it - but the story depressed the hell out of me. Too bad because I felt the writing itself was quite good.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I have to add a dissenting voice here...I hated this book beyond belief. I thought the title was great, it's actually what hooked me into it - but the story depressed the hell out of me. Too bad because I felt the writing itself was quite good.
    AJane, I was in the middle of a HUGE depression when I read it, so I guess I didn't mind the dark tone of the book! I read She's Come Undone around the same time that I read the very sucky Stones From the River so maybe my opinion of the book has to do with the association with the Ursula Hegi book. I didn't hate She's Come Undone, I just didn't identify with the main character.... okay, not that I'm a man with a schizophrenic twin brother either....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love this book, i wish i could buy all these great books but they are all like 30 plus dollars and there are so many good books out there

I never read Shes Come Undone but I heard a lot about it (mostly good) and I read I know this Much is True and I loved it so much.

I love this book so very much I read it for a grade 12 book report and couldnt put it down partly because he describes the moods the characters are in so well

I read both of the books and much prefer i know this much is true over she's come undone.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fan
    I am in the very small group of people who absolutely hate these books!

I *just* started "She's Come Undone," because I got it for 50 cents at a yard sale. So far I'm intruiged, but not in love, so we'll see.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast