+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Nicholas Sparks Fans?

Just finished reading "The Notebook" and I absolutely loved it...But I still prefered A Walk To Remember because Landon and Jamie's love was slowly developed unlike Allie and Noah's.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

I have read all his books, and yes, I cried like a kid who was told that Santa isn't real! So far the only film adaptation that touched me was "The Notebook"- the other movies were sorely short of hitting the mark.
    Go Tigers!

If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Three Weeks With My Brother. It is an autobiography of his family history mixed with a trip he takes with his brother and how his life has influenced his novels. I cried just reading the prologue. Excellent read!

I loved "the Notebook" more than any other of his books. You really do need a box of tissues.

I am a fan of his. I have read quite a bit of his books including:
    The Notebook
    Message In A Bottle
    A Bend In The Road
    A Walk To Remember
    True Believer
    The Rescue...
    Last edited by leogirl_21; 07-06-2006 at 12:24 AM.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Leo, next read is "The Wedding"...... talk about a tear jerker! Why why why is he already married?! I want to meet his long lost twin brother! Who just happens to be SINGLE!
    Go Tigers!

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    I love Nicholas Sparks novels! 'A Walk to Remember,' 'Message in a Bottle,' and 'The Notebook' are definitely my favs! (Though I hated the 'Message in a Bottle' movie. They left out a lot of stuff and I really didn't picture Kevin Costner as Garret when I was reading the book.)
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

Saw the Notebook recently. Not sure why I hadn't seen it before. A real tear jerker. It was so good.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Leo, next read is "The Wedding"...... talk about a tear jerker! Why why why is he already married?! I want to meet his long lost twin brother! Who just happens to be SINGLE!
    I'm a huge fan of "The Wedding"...I think I may love it even more than "The Notebook". I never, ever guessed the ending of it!

It took me a while to get around to reading 'The Wedding'. I normally grab his books the day they come out, but this one made me nervous. I loved 'The Notebook' so much that I really didn't want anything to mess with it or taint it in any way. When I finally did read it (after asking everyone I knew if they had read it and what they thought!) I was so glad I did, it really is its own great story with just enough mentions of Allie and Noah that they are a part of it, but not changed, if that makes any sense.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast