+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clive Cussler?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    great. Thanks!
    You're welcome!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Hey, Broadway. Talked to Mr. Rose last night, and he said pretty much what's been posted here. They don't need to be read in any particular order, he loves the history tie-ins, and he's enjoyed all of them.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Based on this thread, I read Sahara and it was very intriguing. I liked it best of all the Dirk Pitt books I've read. Actually, he seemed more like Kurt Austin in it.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I have read all the Dirk pitt series and recommend reading them in order as sometimes things are mentioned that happened before. start with the mediterranian affair. Oh and you see, ol' clive has a thing for redheads, seems like they are mentioned in almost every book. starting the kurt austin books now. do a google on clive and they have a site that has the books listed in order of the way they are published. anyone notice the glaring mistake in the last book that dealt with the kids on their own and the feamle cult? when dirt hitches up with the congresswoman, her dad attends the wedding. that neat considering he died in Vixon 03

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    My two favorites are a couple of the first published - "Raise the Titanic" and "Night Probe".

I stopped reading CC when he started the Kurt Austin books, just kind of lost my taste for them, I guess.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

It'll be interesting to see how Sahara translates to the big screen. I'm expecting parts to be cut as it is has such a complex storyline. I haven't seen any mine scene in the previews yet.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    not too thrilled with who they cast as dirk and the guy who plays Al sure isn't the stocky little bull that is so well mentioned in the book that you invision as you read it.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Clive Cussler is really a nice guy. He's an Arizona boy and was at the Poison Pen in Scottsdale signing autographs one evening. He signed two of my books (and took the time to personalize them!) and I had my picture taken with him.

How cool, Carla!

I just got two CC books, Valhalla Rising and Blue Gold. I'm looking forward to enjoying them in my "spare time."

I also can't wait to see the screen adaptation of Sahara. It was such a fun book; I hope they can do it justice!

Idol Fan
    I loved and read every book of his, before he started coauthoring! I also recommend reading them in order. The earliest I can think of, off the top of my head was either "Iceberg" or "Vortex"! I loved the Dirk Pitt series the best. Maybe one of these days I'll start over again and give the ones I read too long ago another read. He's a fun page-turner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast