+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

I'm seriously considering going to the midnight party at my closest B&N. Even though I've preordered my copy online, I don't think I can stand the suspense of waiting the nine or ten (or maybe even more! ) hours after its release before I can read it. I'm also thinking of skipping everything on my Saturday schedule just so I can stay home to read it.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Wow, that's commitment.

The weather has been so awesome lately and all I want to do is get my book and head to the beach. Of course, since I preordered it, I'm at the mercy of the driver.

I have never been this psyched about a BOOK before. Yay, me.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

The time has almost come! 6 days and counting!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

5 days...11 hours....26 minutes....35 seconds !!!

I am so excited for this books! I am definently going to the midnight release. Does anyone know any rumours about HPB?

I am not too proud to elbow small children out of the way for this book. I'm not proud of this fact, but I acknowledge it.

Things I want out of this book:

Harry to do magic legally at the Dursley's.

Hagrid to be able to do magic, since he was cleared of all charges in COS, and is a Professor at the magic school! He said in OOTP that he couldn't do magic, but I thought it would be lifted by now.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I have a lot of reading to do before the release. I am only in the middle of GOF and there is no way I am going to read HBP before I finish reading all 5 books first. It took me a week to finish the first three. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    I have a lot of reading to do before the release. I am only in the middle of GOF and there is no way I am going to read HBP before I finish reading all 5 books first. It took me a week to finish the first three. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait.
    I'm at about the same point in GOF, TTO. But my son gets to read it first as he's off to camp on Monday morning.

Fifteen books were sold here by accident on Thursday.

Wow. How do you sell them by accident? New employee?

I did hear that there were some that had been leaked out in BC, but I didn't know if was because they were sold 'by accident'.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

CCL
    That's surprising. Everyone knows about the selling date and you would think the vendors would have been totally aware of the selling date as well. I'm sure they were very firmly told not to even try selling before Saturday. My friend works for a bookstore and they weren't even getting delivered there until the 14th (she works for one of the major chains). She says they come all sealed in a container and that they are legally forbidden to take them out before 12:01 Saturday. They have to wheel the container out to the floor on Friday night because of that restriction.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread