+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

Wheeeeeeeeeee! Thanks Pinkieparrot.
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

I preordered the English version. I have the whole series with the British covers.

I attached the UK Cover
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

I'm currently reading through all the books again in preparation for HBP. Of the series, my two favourite books are Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

i cannot wait! since reading momof2dogs' post about amazon's awesome delivery of just released books, i'm going to preorder mine there today. i absolutely am dying to read this one!

and i really like the green and purple cover!!!

I pre-ordered OotP through Amazon.ca last year and the mailman brought it on the release date (Saturday). It was in my hot little hands by 11:30 that morning! I've done the same for HBP... noway am I leaving the house until that thing arrives!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

That's what I did for the last one -- ordered it online, it was on my doorstep by mid-afternoon the day of the release. Saved my 20-something self from the embarrassment of battling 9-year-olds in the bookstore at midnight.
    Sadly, I think I'm going to be out of town that weekend, so I don't dare have it show up and sit out in the foyer of my apartment building. I guess I'd better sharpen my elbows for the midnight fight.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I also preordered it with guaranteed delivery. Yay!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    How sad is this... it comes out the day before my 1st anniversary with MrWelby so I told him that since the first anniversary is paper... he has a ready made gift for me

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    For all those adults that feel strange admitting that they love the Harry Potter books...I have a confession that will probably make you feel better. I actually write Harry Potter FanFictions. Waiting for HBP to come out has been such torture that I decided to put my mind to use. I don't tell many people about my current hobby.

Is it July 16th yet?
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

I had this posted in the Harry Potter spoiler thread but was informed that was actually for OOTP so I figured I'd post it here too.

HUGE Spoiler, do not read if you don't want to know who is being reported to die in HBP or who the Half-Blood Prince is being reported to be!!! This is being reported by a couple different sources (i.e. The Sun) as a result of massive amounts of betting coming in on these characters:

Click to see Spoiler:
    It is being reported that Dumboldore will die in book 6 and Dean Thomas is the Half Blood Prince. They say a large amount of bets have been placed on these characters in the areas surrounding the town the book is being printed in. It may or may not be true but in my experience betting rumors have a tendency to be true. I was going to include links but am afraid to because they don't get hidden like spoiler info, and I don't want anyone to click on them by accident, but if you go to www.mugglenet.com they have a story with links to the articles.

Update mugglenet is now reporting an email from Bloomsbury that unless confirmed by JKR herself or her publishers, and rumor is a rumor and should be treated as trivial.
    Last edited by lil_tink; 05-24-2005 at 03:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread