+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    That's *exactly* why I ordered the last one, and will order this one, off the Internet. I don't want to have to throw elbows in a crowd of 9-year-olds to get a book.
    Have you discovered www.abebooks.com ?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fogey
    I kind of want to go to the midnight release. A little nerdy, yes, but I'll bring my friend's little brothers to pretend that I'm a "chaperone"

I would never buy the paperback of these books. I read the entire series twice a year, so that's a LOT of reading. I'm sure it would fall apart after a year or two.

I saw online at Barnes and Noble that The Half Blood Prince will be 672 pages. I wish it were longer!! I always thought that the books would get longer and longer each time.

Sorcerers Stone-309 pages
    Chamber of Secrets-341 pages
    Prisoner of Azkaban-435 pages
    Goblet of Fire-752 pages
    Order of the Phoenix- 870 pages

I can't WAIT for this book to come out!!!!

Thanks for the information, pinkie!
    She could write for 1000+ pages and I'd still read it and enjoy every single page.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    Thanks for the information, pinkie!
    She could write for 1000+ pages and I'd still read it and enjoy every single page.

Me too! My problem is I get so excited that I read too fast and seem to miss things. But I guess that is ok since I always read each book two or three times when it first comes out
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

I finally wandered out of the Amazing Race forum and noticed this one... for those who wondered about the internet ordering, I pre-ordered through Amazon last year for book 5. It turned out they had some special deal where they got the books into their distribution centers the day before the release date. Then the books actually got delivered to the customer on the release date before 8pm. (My delivery guy showed up exactly at 8pm - I was going nuts!). But it's not a several day delay as some were speculating.

My best friend happened to be visiting from out of town that week and wanted to find her own copy so we could start reading together. We drove around to several bookstores and called others - since she hadn't preordered, we were out of luck! but she was kind enough to let me start reading mine while she re-read book 4. (and by the way, we're 39 and 40!)
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Quote Originally Posted by momof2dogs
    Then the books actually got delivered to the customer on the release date before 8pm. (My delivery guy showed up exactly at 8pm - I was going nuts!). But it's not a several day delay as some were speculating.
    Thanks for the info on that. I may look around and find out if anybody is doing that. There are no major bookstores within 60 miles of here, so I'd probably be better off ordering.

I'm excited to hear that the book will be that long. I read on JK's website that this book would be considerably shorter, and I was bummed. 600+ pages is a very good thing.

i'm excited for the book

i really didnt think it was gonna come out to next year, so i was happy to hear about the june release

the half blood prince thing sounds weird though lol

FORT Fogey
    The covers have been released! This is the American version---

Well, I'm not so sure I like the purple writing on the green background, but it looks pretty cool. I wonder what that basin thing is.

I can't wait until July!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    The covers have been released! This is the American version---

Well, I'm not so sure I like the purple writing on the green background, but it looks pretty cool. I wonder what that basin thing is.

I can't wait until July!
    I think the basin is the Pensieve?? in Dubledore's office that allows you to look in the past or even enter the past.

The Pensieve is what I was thinking too, Lotus. Maybe this book involves even more visiting/explaining-of the past?
    Thanks for posting that, Pinkie!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread