+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

i can't wait the sixth book of HP. i am sure this will more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    I can't wait to see what they do with this movie. I'm hoping it's not too far off from the book. But you have to take into consideration that the book was over 700 pages long, and it'll be hard to cram all of the good stuff into two hours.
    Most of the other movies have been closer to 3 hours, right? So maybe this one will be. I heard a rumour that they were doing a 4 hour movie with an intermission, but that will probably be the DVD release, and not in theaters. They could do a Kill Bill type of thing, though. Hee! There's totally no good place to do that. It'd be funny though. Harry posing with his wand like Uma did with her sword, dressed in all yellow.

Thanks for the info on the pre-ordering, Nancy. I don't think I could wait around all week knowing that everyone else was already reading their copy, though.

Duck, I could handle a four hour movie. I sat through LoTR ROTK for four hours and had absolutely no problems with that. Bite your tongue on that idea for HP volume one and two. Although the idea for the DVD jackets is pretty funny!!

Next book (seventh) to be last

Congratulations for the birth of her daughter, but I thought it was around 8 or 9 books.

'Harry Potter' Author Gives Birth to Girl
    Mon Jan 24, 6:02 PM

LONDON - "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling has given birth to a baby girl, a Scottish hospital said. The 39-year-old British author, who shot to fame with the publication of the popular boy-wizard fantasy book series, gave birth to her third child at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary on Sunday, a hospital spokesman said. The baby girl hasn't been named.

Rowling and her husband, Neil Murray, have a 22-month-old son, David. The author also has an 11-year-old daughter, Jessica, from a previous marriage.

The hospital spokesman said the writer and her baby were both doing well and had been discharged from the hospital early Monday.

Rowling's sixth novel in the "Harry Potter" series _ "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" _ will be released July 16. A seventh and final novel is also in the pipeline.
    http://www.comcast.net/News/ENTERTAI...d5854b5ad.html

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    Thanks for the info on the pre-ordering, Nancy. I don't think I could wait around all week knowing that everyone else was already reading their copy, though.
    Me too! I'll be in line at midnight to get my copy.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I can see that I'm the cheapskate here.

I'll watch my library's website and as soon as it is listed, I'll put in a reserve. Last time, they called me the day before it was released to say that my copy would be waiting for me when the library opened the next day. I even got the decal thingy because I was the first to get the book.

Usually new books are only out for a week, but because of the size, we got it for a month. However, both kids and I had read it within the week.

When it comes out in paperback, then I'll buy two copies, one for each kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoBurbs
    Congratulations for the birth of her daughter, but I thought it was around 8 or 9 books.
    It's always been seven books - seven years at Hogwarts, seven books. It's kind of sad that it's done so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I can see that I'm the cheapskate here.
    Nah. Nothing makes me think about how I've wasted money quite like paying for a hardcover (even at deeply discounted prices either at Amazon.com or at B&N) and then finishing it in a day or two, especially if I didn't love it. A sawbuck seems a high price to pay for something I only get a day or two's pleasure from, and only liked fair-to-middlin'.

I'll tell you what, though. For hardcover books and CD's that have been out for a month or so, I'll go to Amazon.com, find the item, and check out the prices for the same item used. I've gotten some incredible deals that way. (The last Jonathan Kellerman mystery for $5, for example.)

(Also, in many cases at Amazon.com and elsewhere, these are goods being sold by people who used the item once or twice, didn't like it, and decided to sell them online to recoup some of what they paid, and they're usually in very good condition. I haven't had a problem yet.)

But back to the topic at hand. J. and I will probably line up for the midnight release of the next Harry Potter. We did it for Order of the Phoenix, and it was quite a sight: Just the two of us old farts in a storeful of young ones in wizards' costumes.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    But back to the topic at hand. J. and I will probably line up for the midnight release of the next Harry Potter. We did it for Order of the Phoenix, and it was quite a sight: Just the two of us old farts in a storeful of young ones in wizards' costumes.
    That's *exactly* why I ordered the last one, and will order this one, off the Internet. I don't want to have to throw elbows in a crowd of 9-year-olds to get a book.
    And Veej, you're not a cheapskate -- this series is the *only* one that I've always bought hardcovers of; for most books I'm a library girl myself.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'll definitely be getting the hardback. I'm on the third reading of the series, so I've gotten my money's worth, and I'd have problems with the paperbacks falling apart from too much use.
    For almost everything else, I buy paperbacks.

+ Reply to Thread