+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

Quote Originally Posted by chesara
    I don't know how to type things in secret - do you just change the font to white or something? But anyhoo, I don't think this is a spoiler because it's not fact, just rumor.

I remember reading a long time ago that JK Rowling made a comment that she would like to write other stuff beyond the Harry Potter series and if Harry lives, people would always press her to write more books in the series. Not an exact quote because like I said, it was a while back when the series first became popular.

I also remember reading something early on that she pretty much already had the whole story played out in her mind with story boards and notes and she knew even with the first book how she wanted to end the series. I'm hoping that with the unexpected popularity and legions of fans that the series has attracted that if she did have it in mind to kill him off when she first conceived of the series, that she will change her mind because that would just be too depressing to know that the only way good can pervail over evil is for good to be sacrificed.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It's definite, she has stated that Harry will NOT live to old age, and I do believe I read somewhere that he does die in the final and 7th book.

We will need to let it go and move on. But by doing this, JK has assured Harry Potters' place in literature history, and the best thing anyone can do is end something when it is extremely popular, such as a book series, tv series, movie series to guarantee popularity forever.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It's definite, she has stated that Harry will NOT live to old age, and I do believe I read somewhere that he does die in the final and 7th book.

We will need to let it go and move on. But by doing this, JK has assured Harry Potters' place in literature history, and the best thing anyone can do is end something when it is extremely popular, such as a book series, tv series, movie series to guarantee popularity forever.

I totally see what you mean and I agree her series should end when it's on a high note ad popular, BUT I still think it's such a shame like chesara said that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he might actually die in Book 7. I agree that it's sending a wrong message that (and I quote chesara again) "the only way good can pervail over evil is for good to be sacrificed."
    It's depressing to me actually.... I do wish she changes her mind if that's the case

Does anyone have any theories about the locked room in the ministry of magic or that veil Sirius dissapeared behind? They will probably be important in the next book...

I always figured the veil represented the mystery of death -- since we don't know what happens afterwards.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Well, if I'm not mistaken, I remember in book 5, at one point, there were voices heard from behind that veil. Which makes me wonder what happens to them when they fall behind it. Is it really death, or some other form of death or what? I think she left it so mysterious, we will get an answer in Book 7...

Another interesting thing...

In book 4, the Weasley twins, you know how they have the joke shop, well, anyway, they made a "fake wand" And some wizard (I think from the ministry) was super impressed with the fake wand b/c it seemed so real....
    Which makes one wonder....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If Snape may have used a fake wand when doing the Aveda curse on Dumbledore....I just know JK never puts things out there just for the heck of it. And she made sure to say how impressed this great wizard was. How real he thought it was, real enough to fool, and he was so impressed, he bought one....Just a little something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by SassyStarr
    Another interesting thing...

Which makes one wonder....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If Snape may have used a fake wand when doing the Aveda curse on Dumbledore....I just know JK never puts things out there just for the heck of it. And she made sure to say how impressed this great wizard was. How real he thought it was, real enough to fool, and he was so impressed, he bought one....Just a little something to think about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If true it would have been a lot more fun if the wand turned into a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If true it would have been a lot more fun if the wand turned into a chicken.
    LMAO!!!!

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    I don't know if any of you guys heard but it has been confirmed that R.A.B is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sirius's brother Regulus Black.
    More information can be found at www.the-leaky-cauldron.org
    Last edited by Critical; 09-04-2005 at 07:19 PM. Reason: spoiler info and fixed url
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by J1NVUPatricia
    I don't know if any of you guys heard but it has been confirmed that R.A.B is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sirius's brother Regulus Black.
    More information can be found at www.the-leaky-cauldron.org
    Mmm thanks for that! I'm gonna go check it out right now.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

+ Reply to Thread