+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

Great theories SassyStar. I hope I remember them in 2 years when the next book comes out!

Wow, it seems we have a resident HP Theorist in the house! I really enjoyed those SassyStar!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyStarr
    It's been fun reading this thread....
    I want to share a few of my own theories and forgive me if they've already been said, also WARNING, this is LONG, heh heh
    EXCELLENT theories, Sassy!

Click to see Spoiler:
    I felt the same way you did about Dumbledore and Snape, but without the details to back up my feeling! I always liked Snape and don't want him to turn out to be all bad (though I wish the author would let him have a shampoo once in a while!)

It's only frustrating to know we have to wait for the next book to come out to see if our suspicions are correct.

Good theory about Dudley, too. It was too easy to be sidetracked by the assumption that it is abuse to turn a kid into a fat spoiled brat, but I like your theory better!

Thanks everyone. It was my sister and I who sat like a pair of geeks putting everything together to come up with those theories.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Harvest, I felt the same way you did. Although I didn't really care for Snape, I always had the feeling he was good, but this book IMO solidified that feeling. JK said in most of her interviews, that this book was full of clues so I really looked for them
    LOVE your comment about his shampooing. So true, yes so true

About Dudley, honestly that is the only theory I could come up with. But long before this book, I always knew there was something "not quite right" about Aunt Petunia's suppossed ignorance you know? I can't wait to see if my theory is even halfway right, lol!!!!

I'll be happy to hear any more theories though. I'd love some opposing speculation. Just so I could tear the books apart one by one from now until book 7

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Those are great theories Sassystar.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

Me 2! I miss Fawkes!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyStarr
    Thanks everyone. It was my sister and I who sat like a pair of geeks putting everything together to come up with those theories.
    Props to you and your sister both, Sassy!

I heard a remix of that old Pink Floyd song on the radio last night with the lyrics "No dark sarcasm in the classroom -- Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" and thought of Snape. It's all so British.

At the very end of this book I noticed a credit for the illustrator of the "American version." Now I wonder what the "British version" looks like (or do they just call it the standard version)? I never thought of that before, but I'll bet there are a few differences in spelling at least, not to mention apparently different illustrations.

Sassy c'mon, share some more! Haha you have the most detailed theories, it's at least a fix until we get the real thing
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

OK I'll try, I promise.
    I suppose my next order of business is to try and figure out the Horcruxes. I know this has been discussed to death (no pun intended, LOL) but I'm not satisfied yet. I think there are more clues. Everything else is just too obvious. JK is anything but obvious, you totally have to read in between the lines....

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    Props to you and your sister both, Sassy!

I heard a remix of that old Pink Floyd song on the radio last night with the lyrics "No dark sarcasm in the classroom -- Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" and thought of Snape. It's all so British.

At the very end of this book I noticed a credit for the illustrator of the "American version." Now I wonder what the "British version" looks like (or do they just call it the standard version)? I never thought of that before, but I'll bet there are a few differences in spelling at least, not to mention apparently different illustrations.
    The British versions have a different illustrator. The book covers are different. I have up to the The Goblet of Fire in the British version, then moved to the states and have the USA illustrated versions from then on.

Actually, if you look up Amazon.co.uk you can probably see the British version.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

+ Reply to Thread