+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

Click to see Spoiler:
    I’m finding it really difficult to believe that Harry's a horcrux. Dumbledore has said more than once that the reason Voldemort couldn’t possess Harry is because of Harry’s ability to love. If the part of Voldemort’s soul that inhabits his body couldn’t reside inside Harry, then surely a measly little rouge part of his soul wouldn’t be able to accomplish it either.

My Horcrux List (I'm inclined to believe Dumbledore)
    1.Riddle's Diary
    2.Slytherin's (Marvolo's) Ring
    3.Slytherin's (Merope's) Locket
    4.Hufflepuff's Cup
    5.Ravenclaw item/Gryffindor item
    6.Nagini
    7.The part residing in Voldemort

Dumbledore also said that the sword was the only remaining relic of Gryffindor's. But in another of the earlier books (forgive me I forget which one) the sorting hat says that it once belonged to him (Gryffindor). While I don't believe that either of these items are a horcrux, it would be incredible poignant if the sorting hat was a horcrux, being as it's the tool to divide the school and destroying it would ultimately bring them together.

I do think that the 5th horcrux is probably something of Ravenclaw's. I've been trying to think what it could possibly be though.

Any thoughts?

eta:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Oh, and I think Snape is good - not evil.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by Totey
    Click to see Spoiler:
    There was a large emphasis on non-verbal spells in this book, and it was obivious that Snape was quite good at them. Could he not have faked both Dumbledore's death and the Unbreakable Vow?
    Click to see Spoiler:

It wouldn't make sense for dumbledore not to be dead. That was Draco's mission, and because Snape formed an Unbreakable Vow (and we know it was formed because that's how Snape knew to rush into the bathroom when Harry attacked Draco) so Snape would be dead. Also, the picture of Dumbledore appeared in the headmaster's office, which is the most definite clue we have to his real death besides the dissapearance of Fawkes. Besides, avada kadavara's force thrust Dumbledore off the top most tower. I doubt he could have survived that.

Who helped Draco the most and Polyjuice Potion. All is not what it appears.

For you fans, something I found on the net

From glitterforbrains@blogspot.com.

Harry Potter and The Wizard's Sleeve
    Here's a hand-written chapter we nicked out of JK's handbag while she was off having her face creosoted. Enjoy!

The autumn sun was breaking through the heavy drapes as Harry Potter self-righteously slipped on his glasses. Ah, Hogwarts - his favourite place to be, far away from those awful lower-middle-class Dursleys.
    It seemed that everyone had enjoyed an eventful holiday - no more so than Hermione who, though some accident, was now a rotund 35-year-old man with a hairy chest and a taste for beer. While she was never a Quiddich player, she'd taken to standing on the sidelines and hollering all sorts of crude suggestions and bawdy songs while the matches went on. They'd even distracted the token black character so much that he'd fallen right off his broom.
    Harry self-righteously got out of bed and called to his best friend in the world, Ron.
    "Come on, Ron! Get up! Fun and japes to be had!"
    But there was no answer from his friends bed. In fact, it looked like it had barely been slept in.
    Ron had disappeared.

Harry was so confused that he could barely eat the feast before him.
    "Do you think we should tell someone? Like Professor McGonagall?"
    "Don't be ridiculous," muttered Hermione, nursing her morning hangover. "You know we never do anything sensible like that until near the end of the book. We have to solve it ourselves before Dumbledor comes along with a satisfactory explanation."
    "Yes I know!" exclaimed Harry self-righteously. "But for once, can't we break the pattern?"
    Hermione gasped like he'd suggested like he wanted to put his hand down her pants - despite nothing like that ever happening at Hogwarts. No, never.
    "Look. Harry. You know as well as I do that it goes a bit of nonsense with the Dursleys, then the elation of being at Hogwarts (despite something happening to make the journey difficult), then we find a mystery that either we - or the teachers - would never believe. Then we solve it ourselves while you're put in mortal danger, there's a bit of Quiddich and the we're done! All back to normal for next term!"
    Harry nodded dejectedly, pushing the magic chips around his magic plate. "It's just..."
    "What?" asked Hermione.
    "Nothing!" yelled Harry, in a sudden pique of teenage hormones and stormed off.
    Hermione shrugged. "Well, that was realistic and in character," she muttered under her breath, tone laced with irony. "It was almost as if we had to be reminded by someone who doesn't know teenage boys what a teenage boy was."

Hermione caught up with Harry outside Snape's lesson. Harry's head was held low.
    "Hermione, I'm sorry," he said, still with a self-righteous air. "I don't know... It's just..."
    She put a hand on his arm. "It's alright, Harry. We all miss Ron."
    She stared into his green eyes a little longer than normal. Harry unconsciously licked his lips. Hermione wasn't too bad when her five-o'clock shadow was gone...
    Then the door to the dungeon was flung open, and the pallid face of Snape was framed in the darkness.
    "Harry Potter," he rumbled in his snakelike voice. "You little oik. Get in here."
    Harry sloped into the class, slowly and silently followed by everyone else.
    Harry hated Potions more than anything. Not just because he wasn't very good at it, but also Snape seemed to hate everything that he did. And Harry knew in his heart of hearts he was far better than anyone here.
    "No, no, no, NO!" yelled Snape, looking into the potion Harry had prepared. "A first year could have done better with a Blinding Charm on!"
    "Why are you so nasty to me?" blurted out Harry.
    Snape shrugged. "I must admit, my motives have been so cloudy since your first term, even I have had trouble keeping track as to why."
    "Then why can't we just get on?"
    Snape smiled a wicked smile. "Because, my dear Harry, I'm the quick-fix plot obstacle you must overcome every book. Fifty points from Gryffendor! Detention for a month!"
    The Slytherin table burst into whoops and cheers, and Harry had never felt worse in his life.

Harry slunk back to the Gryffendor common room with an unnatural gloom. Hermione followed him in and sat down opposite.
    "Ron had been acting strangely for the last couple of days," she said matter-of-factly.
    Harry nodded. Despite school rules, he said that he'd been practicing with his wand in the dormitory. He told Hermione this. "He even wanted me to have a go with his wand one night," he admitted. "He just wanted me to touch it while he said he was going to cast a spell. He said he wanted to know what it felt like."
    "But Harry! That's really dangerous! Anything could happen!"
    "I know. So I didn't."
    They sat there in silence for a minute.
    "I bet there's a clue in Ron's bed!" yelled Harry.
    "What makes you say that?"
    "I dunno. The books are normally full of narrative jumps like this."
    Hermione shrugged her hairy shoulders and padded after him over to Ron's four poster.
    "I noticed something was odd with him last night," said Harry self-righteously. "He was moaning in his sleep, thrashing this way and that. He was even calling my name under his breath!"
    Harry threw back the blankets. Hermione gasped.
    "Gasp!" gasped Hermione in her deep voice. "Look at the sheets!"
    Harry did - they were covered in little silvery patches that glistened in the candlelight.
    "Wow - do you think Ron's been eating Succulent Slugs in bed again," asked Harry, poking at the dark linen with his wand.
    "I'm not so sure," said Hermione, a sudden realisation on her face. "I think they're something else entirely..."
    "Gosh, you're right! I think Ron's left us a clue! They look like maps - little silvery maps of an island..."
    "Yeah," said Hermione deadpan. "Yeah, lets go with that."
    "Do you reckon that this is the location of the mythical Island of Pederast? The one that Dumbledor warned me he'd take me to?"
    "Harry... You know how Ron was a 'Champion Beater'? I think he was living up to his name..."
    "I think it is!" said Harry excitedly. "I think Ron's been captured and sent to the Island of Pederast!"

To be continued. Until there's enough money for me to buy Scotland
    Kissy-kissy, JK.

^Wait...is that real?!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Is it possible that wormtail will be a crucial part of the next book? I think Dumbledore mentioned something about Peter having a life or blood debt to Harry. Maybe he's going to save his life?

Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I’m finding it really difficult to believe that Harry's a horcrux. Dumbledore has said more than once that the reason Voldemort couldn’t possess Harry is because of Harry’s ability to love. If the part of Voldemort’s soul that inhabits his body couldn’t reside inside Harry, then surely a measly little rouge part of his soul wouldn’t be able to accomplish it either.

My Horcrux List (I'm inclined to believe Dumbledore)
    1.Riddle's Diary
    2.Slytherin's (Marvolo's) Ring
    3.Slytherin's (Merope's) Locket
    4.Hufflepuff's Cup
    5.Ravenclaw item/Gryffindor item
    6.Nagini
    7.The part residing in Voldemort

Oh, and I think Snape is good - not evil.
    Any thoughts?
    Yep after much thought.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think the last horcrux is neither a Ravenclaw or Gryffindor item. It could be possible if there was someone else tagging along carrying it while Voldemort killed Harry's parents and tried to kill Harry. My thinking is that the last horcrux will be the most important, most powerful and the most difficult item to destroy.: Voldemort's Wand.

The Idea came to me for a couple of reasons. If you have read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe you would know that Edward destroyed the White Witches wand before the Witch could be killed. It has nothing to do with Harry Potter but I think it was the concept I had not thought about until then. Also, if you read the american version Chapter 22 page 448 Hagrid and Slughorn sang a song about a hero who was laid to rest "with his hat inside out and his wand snapped in two". That is what clued me in that the last horcrux might be Voldemort's wand.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think the last horcrux is neither a Ravenclaw or Gryffindor item. It could be possible if there was someone else tagging along carrying it while Voldemort killed Harry's parents and tried to kill Harry. My thinking is that the last horcrux will be the most important, most powerful and the most difficult item to destroy.: Voldemort's Wand.

...Hagrid and Slughorn sang a song about a hero who was laid to rest "with his hat inside out and his wand snapped in two". That is what clued me in that the last horcrux might be Voldemort's wand.
    Oooooh! Good catch. It's very possible.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Something inside me is still telling me that it's a Ravenclaw item. Although for the life of me I can't possibly think what it might be. Another thing that kinda struck me though is there are a few mentions of tiaras in this book. In the room of requirement Harry puts a tiara on a bust sculpture. Molly offers Fleur a tiara to wear for her wedding. For some reason that just kinda stuck in my brain. I'm probably waaay off but it's fun to speculate.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Kao
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't think that Nagini is a Horcrux, as Dumbledore mentioned how hard it would be to put a Horcrux in something that had a mind of its own. I think that Harry will go after Nagini and kill her before finding this out, thereby wasting valuable time.

Also, how much you want to bet that Fleur and Bill's wedding has a few "uninvited" guests?

Click to see Spoiler:
    It would be sweet revenge for Tonks and/or Fleur to kill Greyback in Book #7.

+ Reply to Thread