+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    Just a thought - has JKR ever stated that she would stop the series after the 7th book? That's the year that Harry would finish at Hogwarts, but the series could carry on concerning his future life, marriage, etc. That's assuming, of course, that Harry survives and doesn't die killing Voldemort.

It would be interesting to read about the various characters' lives as they continue to grow older.

Jo has said that the next will be the last HP book.. there will be no need for any back story all questions that need to be answered will be by it's end.

there is a great interview with her posted here:

www.mugglenet.com

Great interview, FireWoman. Thanks for the link, although it just makes me hungry for more.

There is a new HP movie coming out before too long, right?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Newbie
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I love everyone's theories as to what will happen in the seventh book. I really would love the idea that RAB is Sirius's brother. It did say in the 5th book that he left Voldemort after realizing what it was he wanted him to do. And Sirius did say he was killed either by him or one of his followers afterwards.

But I don't think one of the Horcrux's is in Harry. Voldemort as he is now (according to DD) is where the last part of his soul lies and Harry has to kill him but destroy the other horcrux's first. If Harry himself had V's horcrux planted in his scar then Harry would have to kill himself first but then wouldn't be alive to kill V. If that makes any sense. Also, DD kept driving home the fact that because of love (Harry's mother's love; love Harry had for Sirius/mom/dad/friends) V cannot reside in Harry's body because he detests that "power" and does not feel it himself.

I'm mostly hoping hoping that Harry doesn't die so my theories are wishful thinking I think.

I do agree with some that Snape really is on the "right" side. I think he knew DD wanted him to kill him. I found it really strange how almost protective he was of Harry at the end. He could have seriously hurt him but didn't. Mostly reflected Harry's weak attemts at hexing him. Also, when he shouted to that death eater to not kill Harry; that V wanted to do it; seemed a tad anxious and maybe almost fearful of Harry dying.

I do also believe that a strong element of this book was love which is a small theme in each book. But by the end of it true love seemed to prevail over the hate even though DD had just died. I think this will be important in the 7th book.

I'm so happy to read about everyones thoughts on this book. I just finished reading it but none of my friends have even started and I thought I'd burst if I couldn't get other's reactions/thoughts. (yes...I am a loser but fully admit it).

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia
    Click to see Spoiler:
    If Harry himself had V's horcrux planted in his scar then Harry would have to kill himself first but then wouldn't be alive to kill V. If that makes any sense. Also, DD kept driving home the fact that because of love (Harry's mother's love; love Harry had for Sirius/mom/dad/friends) V cannot reside in Harry's body because he detests that "power" and does not feel it himself.
    Good call, Petunia. Welcome to the FORT, by the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia
    I'm so happy to read about everyones thoughts on this book. I just finished reading it but none of my friends have even started and I thought I'd burst if I couldn't get other's reactions/thoughts. (yes...I am a loser but fully admit it).
    Petunia! to the FoRT. If reading and wanting to discuss what you've read makes you a loser, I guess I'm one too. I prefer to think of myself as sensitive and contemplative, but you can call me a loser if you want to.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Great interview, FireWoman. Thanks for the link, although it just makes me hungry for more.

There is a new HP movie coming out before too long, right?

November GOF

I read it on vacation and loved it, as always. I always feel like even if I don't like what happens, it's inevitable -- that's how realistic I think JK Rowling has made this world.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Anyway, I thought it would be Dumbledore that died, because he's been swooping in to save Harry every time and I figured, as many of you did, that Harry would have to be able to stand on his own by the final book. Snape shocked me. I still don't know what I think about that. And I don't want Harry breaking up with Ginny. :nono We've waited years for those two to get together.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Click to see Spoiler:
    There was a large emphasis on non-verbal spells in this book, and it was obivious that Snape was quite good at them. Could he not have faked both Dumbledore's death and the Unbreakable Vow?
    Totey Wuz Here

Totey, I think a lot of us wish that were the case. Check out the link upthread for the interview with J.K. Rowling. She makes it pretty clear that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Dumbledore is really dead. She didn't state either way whether Snape is good or evil.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about so I went to Barnes and Noble and bought a boxed set of the first five books. Now, I'm hooked on Harry! I read the first two books in the last few days and am now on the third one. I love the books but I'm tempted to go buy the sixth book and read it before I've read the others! Arrrrrgh! I hate it when this happens. I don't want it to end but I want to know what happens. lol. A few people have mentioned their age - well, I just celebrated the 12th anniversary of my 29th birthday and I love the books! I'll probably go to the midnight opening when the seventh book comes out. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I'll be elbowing the little kiddies out of the way! Sink or swim kiddies! Sink or swim!

+ Reply to Thread