+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

Kao
    I don't think he's going to miss the last year of school.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He said that he was going to go to the Dursley's until the end of July (is birthday) and THEN go look for the cursed objects. Ron and Hermoine are going with him.

After thinking about it, Dumbledore ws the logical choice to die in this book, because it stops a boring "Dumbledore comes in the nick of time and saves Harry" scenario for the last book. Harry now has to stand on his own. Plus, a wizard of Dumbledore's renown would have portraits EVERYWHERE. So when he wakes up, he can still talk to Harry and advise him, he just can't interfere.

Is it just me, or is the whole concept of Horcruxes completely ****ed up on too many levels?

I think that RAB is R. Black too, and what he does in the book might be one of the reasons why Voldemort had him killed.

Good theories everyone! I agree that all is not as it seems.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think Snape may have been in love with Lily and felt true remorse after telling Voldemort the prophecy. He told Dumbledore about the unbreakable vow he made and Dumbledore, knowing that he had limited time left anyway, wanted Snape to fulfil the vow and continue in Voldemort's circle, hoping that he would be able to contribute to Voldemort's downfall. As for RAB, I was thinking Amelia Bones (with an additional first intitial, they all seem to have lots of given names) but I like the idea of Sirius' brother too.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

I am so tempted to read the spoilers but I wont. I just ordered my copying from Amazon and eagerly await it in the mail. As soon as it comes, I will gingerly read it and then I will post on here. In the meantime, I will stay out or I will read a spoiler or too...and thats just trouble!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Fogey
    I compare this book to the season finale of Desperate Housewives. IT answers a lot about the series, but leaves more questions than answers!

I don't have time to list all of my favorite parts or my own theories, but I did want to say that I LOVED this one. I thought it was one of her stronger efforts. The ending seemed inevitable to me, as Harry
    Click to see Spoiler:
    had to grow up and stand on his own to face Voldermort. If Dumbledore had lived, he would have tried to shield him or aid him in the final battle, when Harry really has to do it himself (ala Luke and Darth Vader ).
    Anyway, it left more questions than answers, but that's what I expected for the penultimate book in the series.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Now I can't wait for the last book, darn it! I knew this would happen. I tried to read it slowly but ended up racing to the finish. There are some very good theories posted here about why the book ended as it did. Guess we'll just have to wait for the answer.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't know if it exactly makes sense that Dumbedore was the horcrux. How would he have been able to put it in Dumbledore without him knowing? I don't think Dumbledore really knew too much about the remaining Horcruxes. If it were him, Voldemort would have to commit a murder in front of him, then say the spell, and then put it in dumbledore. It just seems very unlikely, especially seeing as why would Voldemort want Dumbledore to have a horcrux in his hands, if he knew that when it was time to make the choice, Dumbledore would kill himself in a heartbeat rather than let Voldemort win?
    This last book was good, but I don't know if anyone noticed the tone it was written in was very different? Especially at the end. I think it was a little rushed...
    Anyways, the idea of Sirius Black's brother for R.A.B is pretty good. It would maybe explain why he died. But from what Sirius says about his brother he was weak, and a Death Eater so I don't know if it could be him.

I want my book
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Ah luvs, but won't it be better read to you by . . . MiG?

Delayed gratification is good.

And snow
    Click to see Spoiler:
    yeah, the ending felt very rushed, forced even. It didn't flow right - the whole funeral and such was a bit. . . .off. And Harry's speach with Ginny annoyed me!

Quote Originally Posted by snow-phoenix
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't know if it exactly makes sense that Dumbedore was the horcrux. How would he have been able to put it in Dumbledore without him knowing? I don't think Dumbledore really knew too much about the remaining Horcruxes. If it were him, Voldemort would have to commit a murder in front of him, then say the spell, and then put it in dumbledore. It just seems very unlikely, especially seeing as why would Voldemort want Dumbledore to have a horcrux in his hands, if he knew that when it was time to make the choice, Dumbledore would kill himself in a heartbeat rather than let Voldemort win?
    This last book was good, but I don't know if anyone noticed the tone it was written in was very different? Especially at the end. I think it was a little rushed...
    Anyways, the idea of Sirius Black's brother for R.A.B is pretty good. It would maybe explain why he died. But from what Sirius says about his brother he was weak, and a Death Eater so I don't know if it could be him.
    Good points, but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I like the idea of Sirius' brother repenting of his deeds and embarking on a way to stop Voldy. I know it said he was weak, but even the weak can be strong when the will is there.

I don't believe there is a horcrux in Dumbledore's body now. I think Snape somehow stopped it from destroying any more tissue when it was expelled from the ring.

Seven places:
    1. Voldy's original body: destroyed by HP
    2. Ring: destroyed by DD
    3. Locket: destroyed by RAB
    4. Diary: destroyed by HP in CoS
    5. Hufflepuff's goblets: at large
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread