+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 258

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

  1. #101
    A pirate's life for me suncat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Black Pearl
    Posts
    7,997
    I went out this morning at 7 am and bought mine at the local grocery store! (Kroger's)
    They said I was the very first one sold (because they are not OPEN at midnight.) (price $17.99)

    I have read FOUR pages...but that's it so far.
    BUT..it's going to storm ALL DAY! What better thing to do than read my new book???
    YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

    P.S. My book SMELLS great, like really really GOOD, which I found weird. Probably just my excitement along with that "new book" smell!
    Always looking for cat treats!

    Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

  2. #102
    the simple things babymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I went out this morning at 7 am and bought mine at the local grocery store! (Kroger's)
    They said I was the very first one sold (because they are not OPEN at midnight.) (price $17.99)

    I have read FOUR pages...but that's it so far.
    BUT..it's going to storm ALL DAY! What better thing to do than read my new book???
    YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

    P.S. My book SMELLS great, like really really GOOD, which I found weird. Probably just my excitement along with that "new book" smell!
    I wish I had done that. I have to wait for UPS to deliver to my post office.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

  3. #103
    Fight Queen corprip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roeland Park, KS
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,211

    **Spolier**

    Alright, so here's the big news (and seriously, people... DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Snape is the half-blood prince and he killed Dumbledore.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

  4. #104
    NI FORT fan Belfastgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    716
    Corprip, I haven't read your spoiler, but interested to know did you read the book or just flick through to find spoiler?
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

  5. #105
    Livin' the life Dinahann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Small Town USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Ordered my copy from Amazon UK. Cheap deal of course! Heard the post office van arrive at 8am this morning! Then a knock on the door! So, got out of bed, put on dressing gown and slippers (didn't want to freak out the driver) and went downstairs! Opened door, no van, no book! Ah well, they left it round the back of the house, as they always do with my amazon parcels,I thought!! WRONG Found a card, "no reply so parcel taken back to office, please leave 48 HOURS before collection!! It took 1minute for me to get down stairs!!!

    AAAGGGHHH................ The office is 1/2 mile from my house,so rang up, BUT no reply!! What was the point of ordering the book!!

    NOT HAPPY!!!!
    I hate it when that happens, and it's happened to me several times - and it's always something I've been waiting for impatiently. Does this mean you won't be able to pick it up until Monday?

    I haven't even started mine yet. I'm finishing a library book, but I expect to start sometime this afternoon. I won't be doing anything for the rest of the weekend.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

  6. #106
    NI FORT fan Belfastgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I hate it when that happens, and it's happened to me several times - and it's always something I've been waiting for impatiently. Does this mean you won't be able to pick it up until Monday?

    I haven't even started mine yet. I'm finishing a library book, but I expect to start sometime this afternoon. I won't be doing anything for the rest of the weekend.
    Never had a problem with Amazon deliveries before so will email them although I reckon the Royal Mail are at fault!
    Will go to depot on Monday and give off stink! I don't often get riled BUT this time I am seriously MAD!!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

  7. #107
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,285
    Mine wont get here until Tuesday....but I really want to have the british one...so I can be patient I think
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey Glitternerfball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    858
    Ah belfast, that is what my post office ALWAYS does, then we were told that they never carry the packages anyway - which is why I was so surprised that I got a copy in the mail today! (especially since I never ordered it, go friends)- I guess the petitions against our post office really worked!

  9. #109
    Fight Queen corprip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roeland Park, KS
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Corprip, I haven't read your spoiler, but interested to know did you read the book or just flick through to find spoiler?
    Hehe, no way can I read that fast. Other speed readers reported it elsewhere.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

  10. #110
    Top Model Baby! cahalanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    370
    Has anyone else finished yet? I am in serious need of comforting. This is...heartbreaking.
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.