+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

I went out this morning at 7 am and bought mine at the local grocery store! (Kroger's)
    They said I was the very first one sold (because they are not OPEN at midnight.) (price $17.99)

I have read FOUR pages...but that's it so far.
    BUT..it's going to storm ALL DAY! What better thing to do than read my new book???
    YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

P.S. My book SMELLS great, like really really GOOD, which I found weird. Probably just my excitement along with that "new book" smell!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I went out this morning at 7 am and bought mine at the local grocery store! (Kroger's)
    They said I was the very first one sold (because they are not OPEN at midnight.) (price $17.99)

I have read FOUR pages...but that's it so far.
    BUT..it's going to storm ALL DAY! What better thing to do than read my new book???
    YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

P.S. My book SMELLS great, like really really GOOD, which I found weird. Probably just my excitement along with that "new book" smell!
    I wish I had done that. I have to wait for UPS to deliver to my post office.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

**Spolier**

Alright, so here's the big news (and seriously, people... DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Snape is the half-blood prince and he killed Dumbledore.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Corprip, I haven't read your spoiler, but interested to know did you read the book or just flick through to find spoiler?
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Ordered my copy from Amazon UK. Cheap deal of course! Heard the post office van arrive at 8am this morning! Then a knock on the door! So, got out of bed, put on dressing gown and slippers (didn't want to freak out the driver) and went downstairs! Opened door, no van, no book! Ah well, they left it round the back of the house, as they always do with my amazon parcels,I thought!! WRONG Found a card, "no reply so parcel taken back to office, please leave 48 HOURS before collection!! It took 1minute for me to get down stairs!!!

AAAGGGHHH................ The office is 1/2 mile from my house,so rang up, BUT no reply!! What was the point of ordering the book!!

NOT HAPPY!!!!
    I hate it when that happens, and it's happened to me several times - and it's always something I've been waiting for impatiently. Does this mean you won't be able to pick it up until Monday?

I haven't even started mine yet. I'm finishing a library book, but I expect to start sometime this afternoon. I won't be doing anything for the rest of the weekend.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I hate it when that happens, and it's happened to me several times - and it's always something I've been waiting for impatiently. Does this mean you won't be able to pick it up until Monday?

I haven't even started mine yet. I'm finishing a library book, but I expect to start sometime this afternoon. I won't be doing anything for the rest of the weekend.
    Never had a problem with Amazon deliveries before so will email them although I reckon the Royal Mail are at fault!
    Will go to depot on Monday and give off stink! I don't often get riled BUT this time I am seriously MAD!!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Mine wont get here until Tuesday....but I really want to have the british one...so I can be patient I think
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Ah belfast, that is what my post office ALWAYS does, then we were told that they never carry the packages anyway - which is why I was so surprised that I got a copy in the mail today! (especially since I never ordered it, go friends)- I guess the petitions against our post office really worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Corprip, I haven't read your spoiler, but interested to know did you read the book or just flick through to find spoiler?
    Hehe, no way can I read that fast. Other speed readers reported it elsewhere.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Has anyone else finished yet? I am in serious need of comforting. This is...heartbreaking.
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

+ Reply to Thread