+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

that's great, veej!

I can't wait for midnight!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I got an email from amazon.uk saying my book was shipped out yesterday
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Kuby argues in her book, "Harry Potter - Good or Evil," that the Potter novels blur the boundaries between good and evil and impair young readers' ability to distinguish between the two.
    Isn't that a good thing? Teaching children to look at all points of view before dogmatically making decisions????

I'm so excited for you all who have been greatly anticipating the arrival of this book. Being a fangirl of certain science fiction movies that will not be named *cough*Star Wars*cough*, I can appreciate how thrilling this must be for you!!!!

I am so excited! Im going to midnight releas party at Chapters tonight !

Picking up my reserved copy at Albertsons at 7am tomorrow morning. Then my plans are LEAVE ME ALONE all day as I read it through quickly, then again more slowly. I plan to read it at least 5 times before putting it down to get as much as I can before I start talking about it.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

We're home from the library. My son is reading for a few minutes before going to bed. My daughter and I read the chapter titles. My kids were impressed when the librarian checking it out told us that I was #1 on the library's reserve list.

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson
    I am so excited! Im going to midnight releas party at Chapters tonight !
    Good luck! I was just there, and got all clausterphobic and got freaked out by the security guard's bloodshot eyes, so I left. Never again will I go on insanity night.

I just got home from buying my copy at Walmart. I dithered about whether to get it tonight or wait until tomorrow. I'm glad I went ahead and got it because they were almost gone. now off to bed I go, book in hand.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I got it at about 1:30 at Chapters. I didnt wanna wait in the lines, so I came right before they basically closed. I took a cab there, because they were already closed and they opened the door for me. I got the last copy of the night lol Im on page 13 now, Im gonna read the first chapter ro two and go to bed. Im so excited!

Ordered my copy from Amazon UK. Cheap deal of course! Heard the post office van arrive at 8am this morning! Then a knock on the door! So, got out of bed, put on dressing gown and slippers (didn't want to freak out the driver) and went downstairs! Opened door, no van, no book! Ah well, they left it round the back of the house, as they always do with my amazon parcels,I thought!! WRONG Found a card, "no reply so parcel taken back to office, please leave 48 HOURS before collection!! It took 1minute for me to get down stairs!!!

AAAGGGHHH................ The office is 1/2 mile from my house,so rang up, BUT no reply!! What was the point of ordering the book!!

NOT HAPPY!!!!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

+ Reply to Thread