+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Any Trashy Romance Novel readers out there?

Duxxy that is what happened to me, and then I realized I was reading a book I had already read.
    I have never really gotten into the Harlequin romance novels. They are so short I can read one in about 2 hours. I do like the ones though that have 2-3 stories in them by different authors.
    One type of romance novel I like is when they write in series. Their is always something enjoyable about reading snippets about people that you just spent time with in another book. It is like a TV reunion or something, catching you up on what they are doing.

If you want to read a series that is a hoot, and very clean, try the Jan Karon series about the Episcopalian Priest and his colorful goup of parishoners and other neighbors. You won't stop at just one I'll bet.
    Texi why wouldn't you think I read trash? Don't I talk it real good? I've even been known to write a short story or two or ten. Never let anyone else read them but I have no doubt they are worthy of publishing. :phhht Never, ever under estimate Muduh. I have warned you about that.

I wouldn't call her *trashy*, but my absolute favorite romance author is Barbara Delinsky. All of her books are about strong women, they're predominantly about troubled marriages and the strength that women can derive that either lead to the marriage coming back together or realizing that the best thing is being apart.

She's absolutely incredible, and every single story has been very touching.

But she does include some bodice ripping, heart wrenching scenes, too.!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    I love Judith McNaught books, but it's hard to come by anything new. She only comes out with a new book every year or two.
    Whitney, My Love got me hooked. I also like Nora Roberts, some Jude Devereaux, and Julie Garwood. The ones I like best mix humor and some mystery with the romance. One author I haven't seen mentioned here is Laura London. "Laura" was actually a husband and wife team. I don't think a new book has come out in years (I often wondered if they broke up). Laura's books were sidesplitting funny. I remember having tears streaming down my face I was laughing so hard.

i like a trashy romance novel to wind down to. i read them allot because they are something i do not have to really sit down and concentrate on to enjoy. i do like Harlequin Intrigues. When i was a teen i enjoyed the historical romances. i like Nora Roberts, Julie Garwood and Danielle Steel.

My favorite reading is Mysteries Lillian Jackson Braun, Sue Grafton, Sara Paretsky, and Robert B Parker are some of my faves. But if i just want to sit down and read something fast i will pick up a romance...

bjb

Here are some more good ones.

If you want a good "bodice ripper" as they are called in my house, read Marsha Canham. Any on hers are good especially the Pride of Lions and The Blood of Roses. They are Historical Fiction set in Scotland during Cullonden. They are really good. One of my all time favorites is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. This is one of the best books I have ever read. I cannot recommend this book enough!!! Jude Devereaux is good too and so in Karen Marie Moning. Thanks.

I just wanted to post and tell everyone that I have been reading a romance novel that was recommended to me by Amazon.com. I don't recommend reading the recommended romance novels by Amazon, this book is so poor. The story just drags on and is overly predictable and it is making me angry that it won't end. (I am one of those people who usually finishes books regardless.) I have already read 400 of the 500 pages of it (long for a romance novel) and I eagerly await the end.

yardgnome77, you didn't tell is what to avoid. The name, please. :rolleyes I'm like you about finishing whatever I start reading. Very seldom do I get a book that I just can not bring myself to finish. Some can be slow going tnough.

Muduh, Sorry I forgot to post the title. It is called Forbidden and its by Susan Johnson. The book is even put together poorly, some pages you can't read well because they are to close to the binding.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    I just picked up a book by Erin McCarthy, and I guess I didn't read the blurb on the back closely enough, or I may have been more prepared for what was inside. The book consists of three short stories that are... how can I word this... extremely explicit. So explicit that I actually blush as I'm reading. And, I frequently have to put the book down so that I can shake my head, and/or laugh at the behavior of the characters and their cheesy, dirty, dialogue. I'm on the second story and don't know if I'm going to make it to the third!

+ Reply to Thread