+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Trashy Romance Novel readers out there?

I guess the best Historical I ever read was "Flame and the Flower" by Kathleen
    Woodiwiss (sp). I have it, it is so ragged and I pull it out for another read about once a year.

count me in too and I also started reading Harlequinn romance novels in high school .(in fact I used to pretend to do my homework while reading .........didn't take my parents long to catch on to that.)
    I love Nora Roberts. I like a little suspense and I like a some historical, but mostly the romance......and like someone pointed out its such a wonderful fun relaxing way to escape the world in which we live..........smile
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Sandra Hill (her Viking books are fabulous)

I like her stuff too.

Can I be more pathetic?

In a fruitless effort to hide the fact that I have no life, I wasn't going to list any more of my favorite authors, but what the heck. You would have figured it out sooner or later. After all I'm on this site wayyyy too much.

Johanna Lindsay (I own all of her books and some I have reread so much they are falling apart.)
    Lynn Kurland (I have a bunch of these)
    Christina Dodd (I just started reading her books and I love them)
    Suzanne Enoch (ditto) Of the new authors I'm reading, she's the best.
    Karen Hawkins (ditto)
    Lisa Kleypas (I had all of her books before I even realized I was collecting them.)
    Mary Balogh (She has a series about a large family that is terrific.)

Of all the authors I read, the books I impatiently anticipate the most are by Sandra Hill.

The only reason why my book expenses haven't put me in debtors prison is because the judge liked my "heaving bosom". I mean, I don't have any other hobbies (unless you count my neglected cross stitch, TV or FORT).

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Hey dberk- if you like Sandra Hill and Johanna Lindsey, you might also like Katie McAllister. Not that I would want to lead you or your heaving bosoms any further down the cheesy romance novel path!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Guilty too! Actually I'm trying to sell or give away my romance novels since I'm overloaded with them. There is no space!

Anyone wants them? I can mail it to ya. Although I have to list down the authors...
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I read Danielle Steel. I have read about two-thirds of her books now.

dberk some of my friends and I laugh about reading the same books over and over. We say that's the only advantage we can see to getting older. We don't remember them from year to year.
    I mentioned in another thread somewhere about my all time favorite author, LaVyrle Spencer. I have all her books and reread them often. I went in to a depression when she retired. A couple of years ago we passed through her hometown. I had to take pictures of everything around.

Does anyone ever have this problem? I was reading a romance novel that I had just purchased and about half way through realized that I had already read it?
    I hate to admit it but this has happened to me twice this year. Sometimes you just forget what you have read!

Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    Does anyone ever have this problem? I was reading a romance novel that I had just purchased and about half way through realized that I had already read it?
    Fortunately I know after a few pages and the book store takes it back, if I still have my receipt. To prevent this I typed up a book list of all my authors and typed (read) behind the ones I already have. Pathetic, but helpful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast