+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Any Trashy Romance Novel readers out there?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Any Trashy Romance Novel readers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2474797;
    Out of curiosity what do you think about the big paranormal trend that is now happening in romance novels???
    I'll admit it--the only romance novels I read are the paranormal ones, particularly vampire-related paranormal. Actually, after years of being somewhat of a lit snob, cheesy paranormal romances are all I tend to read because they are such quick reads. Today I started reading "What's A Ghoul to Do" by Victoria Laurie. Never read anything by her before, but 70-odd pages in, I'm fairly hooked. I did fall asleep reading, but that's due to the fact that I had about 4 hours of restless sleep last night, not the writing.

I LOVE trashy romance books. My favorite authors are...

Fern Michaels (I have never read one of her books that I didn't love)
    Jackie Collins
    Lisa Jackson
    Lisa Gardener
    Karen Robards
    Danielle Steele
    There are many others that I just can't think of right now.

I used to read a lot of Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts but for some reason I haven't read them in a long time.

Don't tell anybody, but I still read every V.C. Andrews book that comes out.

I am a huge fan. These are the books I like to read to unwind over the weekend or at the end of a long day.

I am currently re-reading my way through Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I tend to stick with specific authors at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2474797;
    Out of curiousity what do you think about the big paranormal trend that is now happening in romance novels???

Totally love Katie MacAlister and how she is able to write for teens as well as adults and how her humour translates well from a standard romance to the supernatural. Check out her Aisling Grey, Guardian novels they are totally fantastic.
    In my list of favorite books/authors most of them were from the paranormal genre. I also adore the Aisling Grey series and if you like her you should check out the Nina Bangs vampries.... the cosmic troublemakers as the side characters through out the series are hilarious! Also Mary Janice Davidson takes the paranormal into a very funny place with her books as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2481001;
    I LOVE trashy romance books. My favorite authors are...

Fern Michaels (I have never read one of her books that I didn't love)
    Jackie Collins
    Lisa Jackson
    Lisa Gardener
    Karen Robards
    Danielle Steele
    There are many others that I just can't think of right now.

I used to read a lot of Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts but for some reason I haven't read them in a long time.

Don't tell anybody, but I still read every V.C. Andrews book that comes out.
    Does Lisa Jackson qualify as romance? I thought she only wrote crime novels. I bought Shiver a while ago but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Oh, and I also picked up a tattered and torn copy of Jackie Collins' Rock Star. I look forward to diving into it. Every once in a while I get these mad cravings for trashy romance, and Jackie Collins sure know how to write 'em. Did you all know she has a new novel, Drop Dead Beautiful, out?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Love romance novels. I used to read just horror, mystery and suspense novels, but got tired of the genre and decided to try romance. Romance is a really broad genre because it can encompass romantic suspense, paranormal romance, romantic mystery, gothic romance, and of course, all the historical periods acquainting the reader with the cultural mores across time and countries.

I tend to prefer certain authors such as Sandra Brown, Lisa Jackson, Lisa Gardner, Karen Robards, Gaylen Foley, Jane Feather, Amanda Quick aka Jayne Ann Krentz, Stella Cameron, Christina Dodd, and many more. When I buy books, I pick certain authors, but I try out new authors by picking up paperbacks at the library (honor books).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112