+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Any Trashy Romance Novel readers out there?

I've read enough Bertrice Small books to know that all her villians have big boobs, and her heroines are in the small, perky range. I really think she has a complex about it.

Sorry for the booby talk, but mischief4911's sig line just made me do it. Howie would not like a Bertrice Small heroine!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I used to be a really heavy sci fi/fantasy reader but the authors could not write fast enough for my habit. One of my co-workers suggested romance novels. So I went to K-mart and got Jayne Ann Krentz's Silver Linings and that hooked me. What I liked about the story was the heroine was not beutiful beyond belief, with bosoms beyond compare but an ordinary woman using everything within her means to get herself out of a nasty situation. Also, one thing about JAK is that she has written futuristics (romances version of sci fi), historicals as Amanda Quick and now historicals/mysteries. I like how she is trying different things because once you are successful in the publishing world in a certain genre it is very hard to write outside of that box. I am looking forward to her newest story as Jayne Castle and the world of Harmony.

Currently, I am reading, Melanie Jackson's The Saint, Kinley McGregor's new series, The Lords of Avalon (Not the book title). Have started Christine Feehan's Dark Demon, Susan Krinnard's To Tame a Wolf, and Katie MacAlister's Noble Destinyand Deidre Knight's Parallel Attraction. I highly recommend Christine Warren's Wolf at the Door. She has this great series that has been published as ebooks and this is her first paperback.

As you can see I like my romance with a hint of danger, action, adventure, murder and mayhem, and throw in a hint of humor. I like my heros and heroines strong and flawed at odds with the world and themselves because of who and what they are be it alien, werewolf, demon or elf.

Highly anticipating reading Angela Knight's Master of Wolves and Wen Spencer's Wolf Who Rules.

I also listen to audio books cause who has the time to read everything you want to and just finished listening to Laurell K. Hamilton's Micah. One complaint about Laurell, please put some plot into your stories. Too many visuals, she over describes and at points it just drags the stroy down.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I am currently reading Temptest inEden By Sandra Brown. I have decided to give up books that make me think for a while and indulge in some mind candy.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I loved the Skye O'Mally series! I have read and re-read them all a number of times.
    Yes, the Skye O'Malley series is a very good read. I loved reading about Skye and her family. I'm about to start Wild Jasmine soon.

I just finished "Killing Kelly" by Heather Graham. She used to write historical romances and now she writes more suspense/romance. I really enjoy her books.

I'm a Jackie Collins Fan.. Shhh don't tell anyone! I simply love her books!

my girlfriend is a big romance book reader. I have read one of them..she handed me a book by..karen robards...i think. It wasn't have bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Suresam85;1984218;
    my girlfriend is a big romance book reader. I have read one of them..she handed me a book by..karen robards...i think. It wasn't have bad.
    Karen Robards has some great humour in her books and action and adventure which goes way beyond the heaving bosom stage. Try Linda Howard and Catherine Coulter. I listen (from the library) to Catherine Coulter books on tape both the Savich series and her historicals. Try the listening to the "Mad Baron".

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I can chime in here. I've read romance novels for years. Some of my favourite authors are Jude Deveraux, Johanna Lindsey, Julie Garwood, Catherine Coulter, Jayne Ann Krentz (also Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle), Nora Roberts (also J.D. Robb), Laurell K Hamilton, and Linda Howard. I've read the Bertrice Small books - the early Skye O'Malley books were much better than the later ones. Once she got to the grandkids and great-grandkids the stories were pretty much recycled. I get most of my books out of the library. I put holds on books as soon as they are released and usually get the hard cover version within of few weeks of publishing. I'm waiting right now for the new LKH book Mistral's Kiss. Can't wait for that one. Her books are pretty heavy on the sex but they are still a good read.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2183177;
    I can chime in here. I've read romance novels for years. Some of my favourite authors are Jude Deveraux, Johanna Lindsey, Julie Garwood, Catherine Coulter, Jayne Ann Krentz (also Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle), Nora Roberts (also J.D. Robb), Laurell K Hamilton, and Linda Howard. I've read the Bertrice Small books - the early Skye O'Malley books were much better than the later ones. Once she got to the grandkids and great-grandkids the stories were pretty much recycled. I get most of my books out of the library. I put holds on books as soon as they are released and usually get the hard cover version within of few weeks of publishing. I'm waiting right now for the new LKH book Mistral's Kiss. Can't wait for that one. Her books are pretty heavy on the sex but they are still a good read.
    I just ordered it from Audiobookstand.com (get a lot of audio books from this site) and will listen to in the car. It helps relieve the stress of the commute. 'Sides I can never figure out how to pronouce half of the names and I just let the reader do it for me.

+ Reply to Thread