+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stephen King: The Dark Tower VII - 9/21

Blondiegirl, I'll start the spoiler thread because I'm dying to know what everyone thinks and their interpretation.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Thanks for the spoiler thread, Dinahann. I'll be along when I get done -- I'm about half way through now.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'm loving the book so far. But I may not be able to focus on it now - all that keeps running through my head is "Phat has an autographed SK book, the lucky bastard!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    I'm loving the book so far. But I may not be able to focus on it now - all that keeps running through my head is "Phat has an autographed SK book, the lucky bastard!"
    O Discordia, if only it were true! I assume Wayner's referring to my comment "Katie Couric can bite my Bag of Bones; it's autographed by SK, of course." I have to do a better job between distinguishing when I'm trying to be glib and when I'm actually on the level.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    O Discordia, if only it were true! I assume Wayner's referring to my comment "Katie Couric can bite my Bag of Bones; it's autographed by SK, of course." I have to do a better job between distinguishing when I'm trying to be glib and when I'm actually on the level.
    I have an autographed copy of Hearts in Atlantis. SK did a speaking tour to promote that book around 2000. The first 100 people to buy a ticket and purchase the book, got an autographed copy. SK spoke about writing for about 45 minutes then read the then unpublished short story L.T.'s Theory of Pets, which eventually ended up in his short story collection Everythings Eventual. Afterwords, we formed a line, spoke to the king for 3 seconds and he handed us our copy of the book. I've met many celebrities in my life, but meeting SK was the one that meant the most to me. That was a cool day!
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MHayes62
    I have an autographed copy of Hearts in Atlantis. SK did a speaking tour to promote that book around 2000. The first 100 people to buy a ticket and purchase the book, got an autographed copy. SK spoke about writing for about 45 minutes then read the then unpublished short story L.T.'s Theory of Pets, which eventually ended up in his short story collection Everythings Eventual. Afterwords, we formed a line, spoke to the king for 3 seconds and he handed us our copy of the book. I've met many celebrities in my life, but meeting SK was the one that meant the most to me. That was a cool day!
    That is so cool that you met SK. I am a big fan! I love his books!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123