+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King: The Dark Tower VII - 9/21

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Dinahann, I'm jealous! Enjoy it!
    Well, things didn't exactly work out as I'd planned. *Stupid Work!* I've looked at the cover and all the pretty pictures inside but I haven't been able to open it up and start it yet. Maybe tonight. So long to the FoRT for a few days!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'm dying here - I haven't picked it up yet . I figure waiting 22 years for the end , I'm in no hurry. I know I'll have to just sit and read it - everyone else be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    phat32, did you get your copy today?
    I bought my copy on my way home from work on Tuesday. I finished it Thursday night. Yes, all of it. And, yes, I went to work, and I slept.

All I have to say is: Hoo boy. When you people are finished, we are going to have a lot to talk about...

And that, my friend, is why you'll never be a true gunslinger. *shakes head in despair*
    Oh, the reasons that I'll never be a true Gunslinger are myriad, including the fact that "For the Eld!!" or "Behold! The coming of the White!" are just better war cries than "Oh no! I bleed real easy!" Harriers are simply not as afraid of that, for some reason.

I bought it and read it! Cant wait to discuss it with you all when you are done! What an ending!!!!!!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I finished it last night. I began shaking while Roland made his final speech, walking toward the tower. I was crying by the end. I just sat open - mouthed, shaking my head in disbelief. The perfect ending. King said that many of his fans would not be pleased, but to me it was logical. Wow. LOVED IT!

Gah! *covers eyes, runs from spoilery thread*

Lesson learned. I won't venture back in here till I read it. (but now I have it, so I'll be back in a few days to spoil it myself. )
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Gah! *covers eyes, runs from spoilery thread*

Lesson learned. I won't venture back in here till I read it. (but now I have it, so I'll be back in a few days to spoil it myself. )
    I'm sorry Lucy. I get too excited about my favorite authors and their books. We need a spoiler thread. I would start it but I'm not going to be online much for the next week or two, until after my daughter's wedding. By then I hope there'll be many posts to read on the subject.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I bought it but haven't read it yet. I'm a spoilerish girl anyway so I'm not afraid of this thread.

I always loved Oy .

It is awesome, awesome, awesome, and Dinahann, that wasnt the ending when he walked into the tower. I am dying to talk about what comes after that which have his fans going WILD! SHOULD someone post a spoiler thread? Should I?

Eny, I love Oy too. He is such a faithful billybumbler.

I am so sad that this series has ended but knowing how the ending is, I dont have the heart to go back and read them all again.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Good idea to post a spoiler thread . Mark it so that if someone doesn't want to know they don't click on it.

I'm just about one chapter in. Stupid other life things keep interrupting my reading. Doesn't everyone know the time involved in finding out the ending to this saga? I remember being really p'od at King for leaving them on that train that couldn't stop for so many years ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast