+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: VC Andrews Fans?

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar

VC Andrews Fans?

I've been a huge fan of hers for a long time. I own practically every book, but I do prefer her original works rather than the ghostwriters. Her books just seemed more real and emotional. Anyone else a fan?

I read most of her books when I was younger. I don't read them anymore. I also thought they were better before the ghostwriters. I started reading these books back when I was in the 6th grade and I am a bit surprised my parents ever let me read them, they are a little deranged.

I read the first four or five series, but after that, they started to get repetitive and predictable.

I've only read the series of Flowers in the Attic, Heaven, and Dawn. My favorite was always My Sweet Audrina. I read them when I was in sixth grade too, Yardgnome. I liked the books, but doubt I'll read anymore of them.
    Ludicrous speed!

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    I started reading these books back when I was in the 6th grade and I am a bit surprised my parents ever let me read them, they are a little deranged.

My mom actually read Flowers in The Attic when I was about 12 and we had to have a discussion about how Cathy and Christopher did not exactly have a healthy relationship.

I read Flowers in the Attic. I thought it was very disturbing; I didn't enjoy the incest/abusive mother themes at all. I've never read another of Andrews' books since, and that's pretty surprising because I'll read just about anything.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I read the entire Dollanganger and Casteel series and I love them. I've tried reading the Ghostwriter series but I just don't like them as much. I'm a huge fan. My Sweet Audrina was very haunting but just as good.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Yeah My Sweet Audrina is a great book.....I haven't checked out any recent VC Andrews books.......but would love it if the ghostwriter could catch her essence in her books.....I bought all the original books, but refuse to buy the last few ghostwriters books because they're sort of not interesting. The original books I've reread many times over.

I got a couple of books from the newest series from the library recently and they don't even compare to the old stuff. The Casteel series was my favorite.

Fort Member
    I too read Flowers in the Attic when I was a teenager and really didnt like it at all so have not read anything of Andrew's since. The thing I most remember though was how truely bad the Movie was. One of the worst adaptations of a book I have ever seen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast