+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VC Andrews Fans?

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynay Powers
    Oh thank you!!

So that is what the late V.C. Andrews looks like.

I also like the pictures on her books. Very nice drawn.

But it is hard to find the ones with the "peek a booK' pictures.

You know what I mean?

The ones you have to open to see the full picture in the front.

Those seem to come out first only for a while and then your stuck with the other books with the picture on the back, which is smaller.

I know what you mean.....I originally bought all original black cover books that have the full pictures when you open the first page.....I have every single one from her original works. I love those books. The pictures are so unique.

I do not have puppet canc KimmiSue's Avatar
    My mother read these so she had all the peak a boo covers, I read them in the sixth grade as well! I remember reading the Chris & Cathy part, lol I shocked & read it like three more times to make sure I read it right.

I have read several of the series but I got really tired of that I'm poor, I will find true love w/ someone related to me & I will found out I'm really meant to have a huge house & great wealth, but that comes w/ an evil realtive storyline. But the ghost writers did change it up w/ those skinny books about runaways or whatever.
    You turned my boss into a frickin puppet!..Gunn

FORT Newbie

V.C. Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by KimmiSue
    My mother read these so she had all the peak a boo covers, I read them in the sixth grade as well! I remember reading the Chris & Cathy part, lol I shocked & read it like three more times to make sure I read it right.

I have read several of the series but I got really tired of that I'm poor, I will find true love w/ someone related to me & I will found out I'm really meant to have a huge house & great wealth, but that comes w/ an evil realtive storyline. But the ghost writers did change it up w/ those skinny books about runaways or whatever.
    LOL!!

That is why I don't read authors books back to back.

I'll read a V.C. Andrews series than go on to a Stephin King, then to John Grisham.

Mix it up a little, then I won't get bored with the author.

I was the biggest fan when I was a young teenager. I remember crying and being so upset about how tragic everything was. I tried to reread them as an adult and I just couldn't get into them again. Its really different reading them with adult eyes. So many times while rereading I kept thinking "Why are you not kicking that beotches a$$!!??"

FORT Fanatic
    I loved her books growing up - I was always so jealous of my sweet audrina's multi-colored hair - and I wanted Chris and Cathy to be together! I read them all starting around 5th grade. About six years ago, I was working as a nanny and one of the kids in the family i cared for was a 12 year old girl. I had to take her to the library for something, and I recommended flowers in the attic. I asked the librarian where it was (we were in the kids-teens section) and she and the other woman behind the desk told me it was an adult book and was absolutely not appropriate for the girl with me. I was totally embarrassed - like I had no judgment. It's so odd - kids are having sex younger and younger, but we protect them more from things like VC Andrews books?? This same girl was wearing a half shirt and dancing around to the freaking spice girls - i don't think a little good-natured literary incest was going to push her over the edge. Plus, the paxcil her parents had her on since age 11 probably would have smoothed over the rough edges...

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Dagny- I started reading these books around age 12, and I think I turned out okay! I think that they made me really appreciate my loving family and friends.

I do remember though, that my 12 year old self thought that Cathy had a wonderful, romantic relationship with her adopted father, Paul in Petals on the Wind. My 28 year old self was appalled by it when I recently reread the book. She was, like 16 and he was what... 40? And her guardian? Kind of gross.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    ~*I have read all her books and a few of the series by the ghost wirter. The Ghost writer just doesn't have the emotion she had. I don't know if that makes sense but V.C. had a way of making her characters feel very real. None have felt that way since the Casteel series. I started reading her in Jr. High and once a year I pull out her books and reread them. Books are like old friends and that is how I feel about Chris,Cathy and the others in her books.I know I am a dork!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

FORT Newbie

Casteel ???

Quote Originally Posted by sydneysummers
    ~*I have read all her books and a few of the series by the ghost wirter. The Ghost writer just doesn't have the emotion she had. I don't know if that makes sense but V.C. had a way of making her characters feel very real. None have felt that way since the Casteel series. I started reading her in Jr. High and once a year I pull out her books and reread them. Books are like old friends and that is how I feel about Chris,Cathy and the others in her books.I know I am a dork!
    I forgot what the Casteel series was about.

Is that the one where the first book's title is "Heaven"??
    Something about a poor country girl right?
    Aww nuts I forgot.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    Yep. The Casteel series was about Heaven and her life. I liked her character though Cathy is my favorite of all the V.C. Andrews main characters. She fought so hard to not be like her mother and yet in her own way she did so much damage to people in her life without meaning too. Poor Cathy.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneysummers
    Yep. The Casteel series was about Heaven and her life. I liked her character though Cathy is my favorite of all the V.C. Andrews main characters. She fought so hard to not be like her mother and yet in her own way she did so much damage to people in her life without meaning too. Poor Cathy.
    Well dang!! The Heaven series is the other favorite of mine and she didn't even write that one?? or started to and someone finished it? I loved that story!!

The first book I ever read was "My Sweet Audrina". creepy!! how her dad kept putting her in that chair to remember but I still loved it.

Those are the only books I have ever read of hers Attic..Heaven and Audrina.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast