+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VC Andrews Fans?

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Yeah I was disappointed in the Flowers in the Attic Movie.....it could have been done so much better. I do love the book though.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I agree that the ghostwritten books weren't as good. It offends me that they use V.C. Andrews name on the books because people reading them years from now might not know they weren't written by her. It's fine if the family wanted to use a ghostwriter to write additional series but have them under that author's name and let V.C. Andrews fans decide if they want to include those books in their collections or not.

My favorite was My Sweet Audrina, possibly because it was the first book of hers I read. It was so different from anything I'd read before, very emotional, full of twists and turns, I couldn't put it down! I've been a huge fan of V.C. Andrews ever since.

The movie "Flowers in the Attic" was terrible and a tremendous letdown to me. Maybe someday it can be done again by someone who keeps it true to the book. I'd love to see the rest of the books in that series made into movies, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu
    I agree that the ghostwritten books weren't as good. It offends me that they use V.C. Andrews name on the books because people reading them years from now might not know they weren't written by her. It's fine if the family wanted to use a ghostwriter to write additional series but have them under that author's name and let V.C. Andrews fans decide if they want to include those books in their collections or not.

The movie "Flowers in the Attic" was terrible and a tremendous letdown to me. Maybe someday it can be done again by someone who keeps it true to the book. I'd love to see the rest of the books in that series made into movies, too.

I agree with you. They should have put the ghostwriters name on the books, and maybe added that they were originally based on VC. Andrews works, but are now being written by someone else.....and I would love to see the rest of the books made into a series or additonal movies, as long as the were done better than the Flowers in the Attic movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    I too read Flowers in the Attic when I was a teenager and really didnt like it at all so have not read anything of Andrew's since. The thing I most remember though was how truely bad the Movie was. One of the worst adaptations of a book I have ever seen.
    The movie adaptation was horrible. One of the movie channels keeps showing it and I can't believe I am going to admit this but I have watched it about 5 times in the past two months. It is so bad but I can't stop watching, the acting is atrocious, and the plot line is no were near that of the book.

I guess I'm in the minority but I liked the movie adaptation. I didn't think it was STELLAR, and yes it was missing some of those "pesky" elements (incest!) and the acting was godawful...but I liked it...
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllenMishke

My mom actually read Flowers in The Attic when I was about 12 and we had to have a discussion about how Cathy and Christopher did not exactly have a healthy relationship.
    That cracked me up.

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    I agree I like her originals better, but I am a big fan of the Landry series as well.

FORT Newbie
    I would love to know more about the author herself.

Could never find a picture of her on the web, only can find fan websites. And often wondered about why she put's the incest subjects in some of the books I've read.

Has anyone written an bio on her?

i've only read My Sweet Audrina, Flowers in the Attic series and Heaven series.

Those are all her's right? Which books start the ghosts writing series?

I can't remember but I know it was a loooong time before I found out she was dead and her family had a ghost writers continue work.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynay Powers
    I would love to know more about the author herself.

Could never find a picture of her on the web, only can find fan websites. And often wondered about why she put's the incest subjects in some of the books I've read.

Has anyone written an bio on her?

i've only read My Sweet Audrina, Flowers in the Attic series and Heaven series.

Those are all her's right? Which books start the ghosts writing series?

I can't remember but I know it was a loooong time before I found out she was dead and her family had a ghost writers continue work.

VC Andrews last original works were..

The Landry series

Here is a picture of VC Andrews..

Virginia Cleo Andrews

(June 6, 1923 - December 19 1986)

Virginia Cleo Andrews was actually born Cleo Virginia Andrews. During high school she was often writing short stories, and even the occasional school play. Growing up, in Portsmouth, Virginia, she fell from a flight of stairs in her home at a young age. The fall caused her much pain and kept her from leaving the house often. Some people said she spent most of her time in a wheel chair and could not walk. This was not true and V.C. Andrew herself explained, in the interview "Faces of Fear", the heartache she felt because fans thought could not walk.

She died of breast cancer in 1986 and was buried in Olive Branch Cemetery in Portsmouth, Virginia. After her death her family choose a writer to write from her ideas, finish the sagas she started and create new ones the way V.C. Andrews would have done.

You should read all of her original works..they are really good...

I found the ghostwriter could not write with that certain essence in her books that VC Andrews had unfortunately.

I am currently reading Celeste...and it is a great book...so I recommend checking this one out!! I consider myself one of her biggest fans.
    Last edited by Reality tv fan; 04-14-2005 at 02:40 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Oh thank you!!

So that is what the late V.C. Andrews looks like.

I also like the pictures on her books. Very nice drawn.

But it is hard to find the ones with the "peek a booK' pictures.

You know what I mean?

The ones you have to open to see the full picture in the front.

Those seem to come out first only for a while and then your stuck with the other books with the picture on the back, which is smaller.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast